1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backlink by blog commenting

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by PDhawan, Mar 6, 2016.

?

Do you think blog commenting heps/helped you?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
    I read this thread - https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/hidden-link-method-get-free-relevant-high-quality-backlinks.2775652/

This person on his website is talking about commenting and getting just 8% comments approved by admin with links intact.

I am certainly not an SEO expert but I sure know what search engines are trying to do, specially Google when it comes to algorithm changes. Google isn't working for you, we are working to get ranked on Google. How would that happen? Take things naturally.

Blog commenting is a great way for the start and it does get you the visits, in fact, I get more visits from commenting than Google search!

I just know one thing - if you try to spam something, you will land nowhere. Comment on my blog with "wow, great post. Thanks!" and I will delete that post. I don't want to get garbage added to comment section when other people are writing meaning stuff or asking some questions.

There are rules for commenting -
    1. Read the whole post and understand it
    2. Write relevant comment that adds value
    3. If you get reply, go back and check it. If required, reply back - this builds a repo with the author.
    4. Try to add keywords from blog in your comments
    5. Try to be first to comment on a post - you get more visibility

Conclusion
    If you write something meaningful in a comment box, you sure will get approved but if you are there for spamming, nobody will take it.

About his method, it more of seems spamming and blackhat so I would suggest not to even test it on a good going blog.

PDhawan, Mar 6, 2016 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting has been abused these past few years and this is to hopefully manipulate the rankings by dropping their anchor text links in which their targeted keyword for the main site. Use this method as a medium to improve the blog sites post or content by providing useful suggestion and ideas.

KylieSweet, Mar 6, 2016 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Contrary to popular belief, blog commenting is not a link building method. How can it be considered one when the links are nofollow lol.

dcristo, Mar 6, 2016 IP
  4. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes obviously,blog commenting is one of important seo off-page techniques,which its helps to improve site traffic,but we have use proper method for blog commenting for good results.

karen9999, Mar 6, 2016 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hope there's an "It depends.." option.
    In SEO world, everyone or everybody has different perception, especially what works best for them.
    For me, blog commenting in SEO is not that beneficial when it comes to getting a backlink because it is more than that.
    Getting a backlink is just a bonus but being able to establish reputation is something every business should be aiming for.
    And I believe that should be the purpose of blog commenting.

Patricia Ann Lee, Mar 6, 2016 IP
  6. Bishwajit Nath

Bishwajit Nath Member

Best Answers:
    Blog comments is still powerful to boost rank if you post comment relevant to your site or blog then it is better for seo.

Bishwajit Nath, Mar 9, 2016 IP
  7. Raxix

Raxix Member

Best Answers:
    Blog Commenting gives dual benefit, traffic as well as backlinks if done properly on sites related to your niche. Avoid auto approval blog commenting sites which already have 100's of spam comments.

Raxix, Mar 9, 2016 IP
  8. DD Grace

DD Grace Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I noticed, that blog commenting is a quite popular among Indian bloggers. Actually, there are a lot websites with link profile, where the name and the surname of the owner has the main percentage of all website's anchors (obviously due to blog commenting).

What do you think, is it safe enough to rely on this method above all?

DD Grace, Mar 10, 2016 IP
  9. niksto82

niksto82 Member

Best Answers:
    Whether it is a dofollow or nofollow link, it is a positive signal. You cannot only have dofollow links. It is unnatural. Furthermore, having only dofollow links suggests that you are paying for links and that in fact, you do not have any natural presence on the internet. Imagine if you had number one ranking website for medicines and you are never mentioned in comment sections, on forums or social networks (all of which give nofollow links). Nofollow links do not necessarily serve as a rank booster. Instead, they are used to diversify link profile and avoid potential penalties.

niksto82, Mar 10, 2016 IP
  10. DD Grace

DD Grace Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I support @niksto82 words, it's strange when really reputable websites (such as Forbes, Huffington Post) are writing about one particular company, and there's no any mentions of this company on Facebook, Twitter or forums. It means that actually nobody uses its products, and all these 'reputable' links are paid.

DD Grace, Mar 23, 2016 IP
  11. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    To answer to your post title: Blog commenting is not a way of building backlinks because all of the comments have nofollow links, you won`t get a single normal link that passes link juice to your website.
    To answer to your post: Indeed, blog commenting can help you get traffic and to establish yourself. But I would like to ask you: Wouldn`t it be better to invest your time in improving your own website than to waste it on blog commenting and all kinds of shady tactics?

HCFGrizzly, Mar 23, 2016 IP