1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to process images in bulk

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by joliett89, Jan 26, 2016.

I will be importing around 5,000 picture galleries with around 15 images in each gallery. Galleries were started in 2008 and they get added until now, but the images there don't have the same parameters / sizes. Some of them are ok for a website, and some of them would need to be compressed for less bandwidth usage over time. The good ones are like 150KB, and the other ones go to like 500KB so the difference is big. This is a total of around 75,000 images, so this disk space adds up.

I am familiar with Linux and I can import it to the server with a script that I am using and try to do it with Imagemagic on there, but I've never tried it yet. I am wondering if there is any better way of doing it, and this would be on Windows probably. I can buy a good program for downloading images from galleries to separate folders from a cvs list, and then I could go over them, and compress whatever would be needed on Windows in some way.

I am not sure what would be the best way to do it... Linux can be good, but I can get better results with some Windows solution too...

joliett89, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  2. R. Martin

R. Martin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, there is a Windows software called Multiple Image Resizer. However you can do something similar programmatically using, for example, PHP. I did something like in a website for adapting the avatar images submitted by the users to the design of the site. The script was about 10 lines long or so.

R. Martin, Jan 30, 2016 IP
  3. bijutoha

bijutoha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can do it via Photoshop.. There is a option to resize multiple images.
    [​IMG]

Or you can check this video to make it more clear..

bijutoha, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  4. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    try JPEG com-presser it is allow to din batch project with good quality compression

seoaceindia, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  5. RaduS

RaduS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to resize multiple images at once, BatchPhoto is a really effective tool.
    http://www.batchphoto.com/howto/resize/picture-size.html
    I've been using it to optimize images for the web. You can resize as many pictures as you want at the same time and you can choose to save the files as PNG's or JPEG's, it depends on what you need.

RaduS, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  6. Mary Molina

Mary Molina Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can actually use some services like removebackground.com which offers resizing of images in bulk.

Mary Molina, Mar 4, 2016 IP
  7. LorryK

LorryK Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a cool variant. I will try it!

LorryK, Apr 7, 2016 IP