Yahoo, 180Solutions, CoolWebSearch, is there any difference?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by SCW1975, Dec 15, 2006.

For two weeks, yahoo has been popping up a thing saying I really need to update my messenger. So finally, as I was shutting down my PC last night, I did it. I went ahead and allowed Yahoo to do the update so it would stop popping up and bothering me.

So this morning I woke up to find:

A. My default search page had been changed to Yahoo.com
    B. My Google Toolbar was gone, replaced with Yahoo Toolbar.
    c. My Homepage had changed from my custom Google page to yahoo.com.

So what exactly does Yahoo think they are doing? They NEVER asked me about any of this. They took it upon themselves to install this trash on my computer. Do they think this is how to beat Google in the search game?

Honest to God, I have hated Yahoo for a long time, this just pushed me straight over the edge. I really and truly hate Yahoo. If it wasn't for two of my freelancers that refuse to use AIM, I wouldn't even have YIM on my computer.

P.S. Note to Yahoo, if any employees ever see this. I went and seeked out Google toolbar and other Google products. I actually like having Google's junk installed on my computer because it's worthwhile. Spend less time acting like a spyware company and more time figuring out why your products are shit.

/end rage

SCW1975, Dec 15, 2006 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  2. mhmdkhamis

mhmdkhamis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    be calm it will go to better :D

mhmdkhamis, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  3. Blanket

Blanket Peon

Best Answers:
    that sucks. for some reason my 'page rank' icon from my google toolbar disapears every once in awhile.

Blanket, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  4. DodgyAnt

DodgyAnt Peon

Best Answers:
    I know for a fact, that 180Solutions used to be the name of Zango. Did you have any connection with that?

DodgyAnt, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  5. adolix

adolix Peon

Best Answers:
    dude, I also updated YM yesterday, because of that annoying popup. but I did not do it in a hurry, so i noticed that at some point, it asked me if I want a normal installation, or a custom one... I felt that I have to customize it :D so I unchecked the checkboxes coresponding to your problesms (1,2,3)

of course, it's not nice they do this... but if you would have paied more attention while installing, this thread would have never existed...

adolix, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  6. SCW1975

SCW1975 Peon

Best Answers:
    The point is, I shouldn't have to do anything. I should have to take extra steps if I want to have more stuff installed.

When you install Google Talk, does it also install a ton of BS on your computer? Nope.

When you install desktop search, does it install a bunch of crap on your computer? Nope.

That's why Yahoo is trash and Google is king.
    F you, yahoo.

SCW1975, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  7. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    lol I had the same thing happen, wasn't thinking normally I manually go through the install process a bit more carefully. What really pisses me off is I keep taking the yahoo toolbar off and it keeps putting itself back!

:mad:

They are losing a yahoo user here, not gaining anything..

GRIM, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  8. SCW1975

SCW1975 Peon

Best Answers:
    SCW1975, Dec 15, 2006 IP