1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do Not Go with Hostgator ! They really suck

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by ysribharath, Dec 14, 2015.

Hi ..

Avoid Hostgator Save time save ur customers save ur website

i have ordered a reseller hosting for one year with them recently (a week)and i have a very bad experiences from the day i took it

there support is really very slow , tickets created are not answered even after three four days

chat waiting time is more than three hours , even after waiting till that time , they say ticket will be answered shortly

call ?forget it ? twenty to thirty mins on an international call ..still they say that it will be answered

i think there should be a movement to be organised against endurance group website for there filthy f*********** support

shortly ? three days and counting and they still say shortly

here is a chat with a stupid person regarding one of my issue (whmcs ip whitelisting)

to install ssl they took ten days time .. to whitelist my ip its been more than three days now

he just simply closed my chat

chat was closed

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
    ysribharath, Dec 14, 2015 IP
  2. Doctor Tech

Doctor Tech Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried them before we got our dedicated server. I was very displeased with the support HostGator offers as they have really slow support in terms of replying to tickets. I started a chat with them and still got no where, and it took a few days before I got my question answered.

Doctor Tech, Dec 16, 2015 IP
  3. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    I had the same kind of experience with Hostgator`s support. The best way to deal with them, is to avoid their services in the first place...

HCFGrizzly, Dec 16, 2015 IP
  4. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    I have found over the years working with different customers and their sites. Its kind of like the luck of the draw with the support sometimes you will get some one good and others not so good.
    Sometimes trying to save a little on monthly hosting can cost you more down the line.

CenTex Hosting, Dec 21, 2015 IP
  5. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    their quality is falling in recent year, right after take over by EIG

charlesgan, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  6. lapidus

lapidus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The one thing is good on Hostgator and that is they have Support 24/7 i n365 and for example Godaddy not have,Godaddy not have at all. You must call them to have support.Bad company

lapidus, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  7. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just block their ads on my adsense dashboard :eek:

robyries, Feb 12, 2016 IP
  8. HelenVendo

HelenVendo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh, you have really run out of patience and you have all right to feel so.
    I fully understand you. I used to use HostGator for almost 3 years but something has happened to them. I alwaus had to apply to support because of constant issues arising and you know about support, it's just mindblowing.
    So I'm using other hosting for 2 years so far and I applied to support only twice and my question was answered at once.
    I think HostGator is loosing their ground for sure.

HelenVendo, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  9. rackend

rackend Member

Best Answers:
    Well, seems we should post to this forum all the EIG brands and get this thread pinned to the top. It could be useful for beginners who are looking for their first hosts

rackend, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  10. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    micksss, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  11. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use an EIG brand and have been using them for almost 9 years now (they were acquired by EIG in 2012) and they are still excellent.

Beginners looking for their first hosts are going to go with the cheapest thing they can find and they will be getting what they pay for. When I was a newbie, I chose GoDaddy as do many newbies and I quickly learned what bad hosting was.

billzo, Feb 26, 2016 IP