1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

email servers

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by sam20e, Jan 2, 2016.

Hi guys

I'm running a dating website (skadate script). At times I used to send 1000's of emails (mass email / reminders / client notifications / profile views etc). Recently our IP got marked by spamhaus and few other filters. I managed to remove them, however i do not wish to risk my server ip reputation. I'm using a VPS now. Is there any reliable shared/vps hosting (around $10-15/month) which I can use 'only' to send out emails? I will host my pages using my vps and I only need another server/account to send out emails.

Any thoughts or any known providers?

Thanks

sam20e, Jan 2, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Best option would be to split the email-sending across different servers/ip - ask your VPS-provider if they offer something for sending out large amount of emails, and if you can take advantage of other servers on their network, for instance?

PoPSiCLe, Jan 3, 2016 IP
  3. sam20e

sam20e Member

Best Answers:
    they dont provide such services.

sam20e, Jan 3, 2016 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    However, depending on the amount of emails, you might not need to do anything - how many (on average) emails do you send out every day? As long as you have your own IP (which you should) and use a properly registered mail-sender, with proper authorization and protocols, a few thousand emails shouldn't really be that hard to send without being caught by spam filters. If you can alter how you send them out, for instance making sure your from-field matches both your domain and your host, and have a valid MXrecord, it should be fine. If you can filter so you can send out over some time (not everything at once), perhaps sending out 1000 emails every hour for as long as there are recipients, or something?

PoPSiCLe, Jan 4, 2016 IP
  5. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When come to these issue(mass email), I always use multiple host to send email for example sendpulse.com.

mentos, Feb 18, 2016 IP
  6. Kickassd

Kickassd Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not grab a OVH vps. Great price for what you get and you can get cheap IPs if you need to change them up while you clean one that gets blacklisted.

Kickassd, Feb 18, 2016 IP
  7. rackend

rackend Member

Best Answers:
    Why not to use shared hosting specialized for e-mail hosting from various providers to split the quantity of your sent mails triple time?

rackend, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  8. oc-scott

oc-scott Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try mailchannels SMTP. They always keep whitelisting their IP ranges.

oc-scott, Mar 25, 2016 IP
  9. doublespaces

doublespaces Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Sam, I think the real question that should be asked here is: Why did you get hit by haus? Was it a DBL or SBL listing?

If you are sending only transactional mail as you put it, then I find the situation very interesting. When these members of yours register, are you requiring a double opt-in? Do you put an unsubscribe link at the bottom or top of your emails to make it easy for people to unsubscribe? If you built that dating site from the ground up, there should have ben a fairly predictable growth in email volume and if they are opening and clicking these emails to verify their accounts and to view their inboxes, etc, then I would suspect you'd get pretty good delivery rates. Spamhaus is mostly a network of Honeypots, so if you are not confirming email addresses and sending out lots of emails, then you'll continue to have this problem no matter who you pay.

doublespaces, Mar 28, 2016 IP
  10. euro-space

euro-space Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No shared hosting will allow sending out mass-mail, but you could try VPS with extra dedicated IP addresses and appropriate rDNS entries from only EUR 7.99 /mo. But of course, you'll be responsible whitelisting VPS IP's if they'll get into the blacklist and prevent them for the future with every available solution.

euro-space, Apr 10, 2016 IP
  11. GlobalHosting

GlobalHosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can add our skype address for the mail server service.

GlobalHosting, May 31, 2016 IP
  12. WaQas

WaQas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i suggest you to buy VPS with multiple IPs and setup email server with dkim and your email will never store in spam/junk

WaQas, Jun 11, 2016 IP
  13. 24x7servermanagement

24x7servermanagement Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am sure there are many providers offering mass mail services. You just need to integrate your domain MX records and tell them how emails per hour you are intending to send.

24x7servermanagement, Jun 12, 2016 IP