1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is There Any Money in a Food Blog/Website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Sabrina73, Feb 24, 2016.

Is there any money in a food blog/website/Facebook page?

I do love to cook as a hobby (and a means of survival) and I take photos of my food creations... I thought about posting the pics up for all to see, but running a website is time consuming and if I am paying for hosting, costly.

Sabrina73, Feb 24, 2016 IP
  2. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's best that you turn your hobby into a business. I'm pretty sure there are food related products from affiliate programs that you can promote on your blog. Depending on how many followers you have, it can be quite profitable.

ceenote100, Feb 24, 2016 IP
    Sabrina73 likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You could also compile your personal cookbook of the unique culinary creations you are showing on the site and sell that as an ebook.

jrbiz, Feb 24, 2016 IP
    Sabrina73 likes this.
  4. Surge Calls

Surge Calls Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are already on the right path since you have discovered your skill. The next step I recommend is taking what you are already learnt in your niche and use your knowledge to fix a problem or increase someone else's experience in this case cooking. If you can run a website that shows individuals unique formulas(increases their experience) or use less costly food options to create tasty food(fixes a problem) than you can make money.

Good Luck.

Surge Calls, Feb 26, 2016 IP
    Sabrina73 likes this.
  5. Justin Bradley

Justin Bradley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can create a free website with wordpress

Justin Bradley, Feb 27, 2016 IP
    Sabrina73 likes this.
  6. na9endra

na9endra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MONEY IS EVERYWHERE, ITS ONLY DEPENDS UP ON HOW GOOD YOU ARE PRESENTING YOUR THING ON IT TO ENGAGE YOUR USERS.

na9endra, Feb 28, 2016 IP
    Sabrina73 likes this.
  7. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It is better to build a websites based on things your are interested in, instead of starting a website in some field that is only known to have money in it.

In this way, you can stay motivated and focused both during good and bad days.

thedark, Feb 28, 2016 IP
    Sabrina73 likes this.
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to use free blog sites like blogger, wordpress, and tumblr as an start up for your food blog then social media to gather more traffic to your blog. Then once the site is established you can sell your creations through your blog and active online communities.

KylieSweet, Feb 28, 2016 IP
    Sabrina73 likes this.
  9. Diego Herrera

Diego Herrera Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Sabrina73, all the comments above are on the spot. Now if you are looking for ways to make money fast off from your culinary skills I suggest you do a little research into affiliate marketing because as ceenote100 said you´ll be able to find many affiliate products you can promote on your blog or website.

Then you can look into product creation and as jrbiz and Surge Calls said you can write your own PDF book about your recipes and tips for cooking or things like that but that's something you can do after you've develope a following.

To develope a following and a subscribers base you can start like giving away a special recipe everyweek or shooting a short video on a recipe etc, you can also create an accout on pinterest or instagram and start posting your pics there. I am not into any of those too yet but I've heard the cooking niche does very well on those 2 platforms. So you'll have to dig a little into those 2 so you can choose the right one and start with the right foot.

You can have an opt-in form on your blog so people can subscribe to recieve your latest tips or recipes via emial, etc.

Yes, there is some work to do, but if cooking is something you enjoy you'll be able to do it without any pain.

Besides, you'll need to give out great content first before trying to cash in with that.

I hope that helps.

Diego Herrera, Feb 29, 2016 IP
    Matthew Sayle and Sabrina73 like this.
  10. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    Considering how crowded that niche is, I can safely say that there is money to be made there.
    Problem is, because the niche is crowded, it will be harder for you to become an authority in the field.
    But if you work hard enough and add your personal spin to the website, you will be able to make money.

HCFGrizzly, Feb 29, 2016 IP
  11. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't focus on the money, yet.

You will be fine having a $10.00/month hosting account - surely you can afford that.

Your main goal should be growing your audience.

Unlike other comments, I can guarantee you that a food/recipe website is one of the best niches to get into, because it's so huge.

The biggest reasons most people fail at recipe websites is that they either don't put in the effort posting enough recipes OR they steal from other websites.

If you are really willing to put in the work, send me a message - I would love to help you out with this.

I have been wanting to start my own recipe website for a while based on a single ingredient that is unique to my area, I just haven't had the time to create the recipes.

Matthew Sayle, Feb 29, 2016 IP
    Sabrina73 likes this.
  12. Diego Herrera

Diego Herrera Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I totaly agree with you Matthew Sayle

Diego Herrera, Feb 29, 2016 IP
  13. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is money in all that you mentioned but it requires time and patience. A bit of money but not that much if you know how to build them or start them. Try first to gather all you have before jumping into a wagon, what I mean is to make sure you know there is considerable amount of data and details for you to actually draw some attention. It's like when you ask someone howmany friends they have and they say probably 100 but when they count there is actually only 2 people who would answer their calls at 2:30am.

Mehdi.b, Feb 29, 2016 IP
    Sabrina73 likes this.
  14. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Can you tell me more about it?

Thing is, I currently run two other websites, so I do have my hands full, kinda... I just love to cook! And I take photos of it!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Sabrina73, Mar 1, 2016 IP
  15. Anton Y

Anton Y Member

Best Answers:
    You need to make it special and have a really good niche site, focus on one type of cooking/food such as sweet stuff or curries etc. then test new things and blog about the journey, invent new tastes and get yourself recognised the right way

Anton Y, Mar 1, 2016 IP
  16. amido

amido Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try to sell it in KDP you will earn a lot of money with it just make sure you have all the copyright

amido, Mar 5, 2016 IP
  17. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry! I missed this.

What exactly do you want to know?

Matthew Sayle, Mar 6, 2016 IP
  18. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is actually a lot easier to make money out of your passion.
    If you think that paying for hosting is costly then look for alternatives.

Patricia Ann Lee, Mar 7, 2016 IP
  19. HelenVendo

HelenVendo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There're a lot of ways to monetize such platforms.
    On your place I would create a blog and connect it to Facebook group or page. It's also reasonable to create an Instagram account and post your pictures there.
    And what about hosting, you can consider really cheap options. I'm using Unihost at the moment. It's not expensive and your blog will always be online.
    By the way, if you become an affiliate of Unihost, you can use their hosting for free as I do.
    Here's their program - https://unihost.com/en/partners/.
    Good luck!

HelenVendo, Mar 7, 2016 IP
  20. Brucode

Brucode Member

Best Answers:
    Sabrina if you already invest your money in the hosting of two website's and they are ready for their services then now you need to do SEO of the same websites it opens the doors for you surely.
    • write an interesting blog on any topic like the recipe and share it on some blog posting sites like WordPress, Blogger.
    • Use SMO accounts especially facebook, twitter. Daily post on that accounts with ultimate relevant images.
    • Reddit marketing - Reddit is a very good option of getting traffic but before use it, you need to know how to use it.
    These few tactics you can try by your own self but it takes time. if you want instant result then you must go for PPC but for PPC, you need to invest money.

Brucode, Mar 9, 2016 IP