1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.com or .net !

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by andyle, Feb 22, 2016.

which one is better for seo ? if .com has no more, can i buy .net ? is it good ?

andyle, Feb 22, 2016 IP
  2. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you plan to use SEO as your main or one of your main marketing strategies, it won’t matter which domain name extension you choose. Both the .com and the .net will perform very well. I have seen high ranking with both extensions.

When the .net domain extension was first created, it was used for networks and associations. However, today, it’s used for all types of websites. Many businesses own both the .com and the .net extensions to ensure nobody else buys it.

Aryans, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  3. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    If .com is not available then you can go for .net, .org etc. Even domain extension does not play major role in SERP ranking. SEO is changing frequently. Google and other search engines use more than 200 parameters to rank a website or webpage. So, Your prime focus should be to follow Google webmaster guidelines (https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769?hl=en).

Kristina Roy, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  4. Siri Innovations

Siri Innovations Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO ranking and traffic is based on the Keywords and Content placed in the website. It doesn't depend on the domain extensions. So, we can select any domain name do the best SEO techniques for the website to get the traffic.

Siri Innovations, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  5. neolinaer

neolinaer Peon

Best Answers:
    it's same - org and com . com have more effective vizual , but if isn't aviable , org isn't problem

neolinaer, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  6. Kazi Aminul Islam

Kazi Aminul Islam Member

Best Answers:
    I think product base extension can be taken.like as business purpose you can take .com extension also you can take .net.If it is an organisation you can take .org.If it is an personal branding site you can take .me or .info.I think you can understand.

Kazi Aminul Islam, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  7. KimiWizz

KimiWizz Member

Best Answers:
    That is not important for the SEO, you can use any extension, other things are more important like social signals, backlinks with high autority etc.

KimiWizz, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  8. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Either will do, if your concern is more on how it'll effect SEO then no need to worry because it doesn't matter.
    I believe that it is more on user preference. However, if .com is available then go for it.

Patricia Ann Lee, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  9. IWantToKnow

IWantToKnow Peon

Best Answers:
    The domain extension isn't really relevant to your SEO performance.

That said, some people will associate ".com" as a "first-tier" choice, while ".net" is (when not used for networks/organizations) considered a sneaky loophole to get the name you want. THAT said, I know many non-network websites that are extremely popular with their .net extension. Joerogan.net is an excellent example. The take-away here is that it really does not matter - your SEO strategy has bigger fish to fry.

IWantToKnow, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  10. arjunreddykuchula

arjunreddykuchula Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    .com is good for seo point of you

arjunreddykuchula, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  11. HelenVendo

HelenVendo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The winner between .com vs .net depends solely on your needs and availability. There’s no SEO benefit to one over the other. However, for businesses, the .com provides many offline advertising benefits.

HelenVendo, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  12. JoeLumbergh

JoeLumbergh Member

Best Answers:
    .com 99% of times

JoeLumbergh, Feb 26, 2016 IP