1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I just built a tool for YouTube creators & just about hit 1,000,000 visitors, feedback please

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by cadsii, Feb 16, 2016.

Hi Everyone !

I'm coming here for feedback, and I welcome any suggestions.

Here is the story.

last week I started to create youtube videos once again after a few years off, but did not want to upload them to both youtube and facebook, to get proper exposure.

I want to build my youtube audience, but I know facebook is a great way to get exposure.

Little did I know that facebook makes youtube video thumbs extra small and buries your video in the feed to get minimal exposure. Why ? They want you to use their video functionality rather then youtube's, pretty simple. Facebook also does not allow you to monazite on anything that you might have go viral.

So after a little research and a couple of nights of coding. I've built a tool to allow user YouTube creators to share their videos on Facebook in a beautiful way.

I named it yt2fb.com

[​IMG]

Today, 20 days since launch, I'm about to hit 1,000,000 visitors on the site, I'm looking for some suggestions on how to improve, how to market the site in the US/Canada market etc.

[​IMG]

Majority of my traffic is coming from all around Europe & Thailand, not very much from my area. Anyone have an idea how to get some local exposure ?

Thanks again, I appreciate any feedback you will send my way.

cadsii, Feb 16, 2016 IP
  2. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We also added twitter card support so all videos now have beautiful large looking previews in the feeds on twitter

[​IMG]

cadsii, Feb 16, 2016 IP
  3. libanadam

libanadam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great service!

libanadam, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  4. Web_Dev_Chris

Web_Dev_Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let it sit for a while before you monetize it. But adsense would be a great revenue collector.

Web_Dev_Chris, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  5. Nameshark

Nameshark Member

Best Answers:
    This is a great idea. I hate how they make your video posts look small and hidden as well. The way yours show up on posts would draw a lot more attention then the current way.

Nameshark, Jun 22, 2016 IP
  6. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is hard to give feedback and suggestions without seeing your site. I see no link as of this writing. If I have missed the link it I apologise.

You asked "... how to improve, how to market the site in the US/Canada market etc." and not your video tool.

Based on the little info in hand the only improvements I can suggest are as follows:
    • Your bounce rate is very high at 78+% ... so you are losing 3 quarters if your hard earned traffic. There are many ways of engaging more of your visitors and lowering the bounce rate. Most and depend on your site and its content. However, ... here are some generic suggestions:
    • Install the free version of "Marketizator" to do some split testing to see what works better, starting with your heading and whatever the visitor first sees.
    • Install an exit popover and ask why are they leaving. For greater response rate, offer something of value in return for their response (an immediately attainable gift works best), preferably related to the purpose of your site which is presumably why they visited in the first place.
    • Offer something in return for the visitor opting in to your newsletter or list or whatever. That list of (targeted) visitors will be worth more than the site that is getting the traffic. You can always send valuable info plus some offer related to the purpose of your site. Those offers can potentially generate you more money than your website.

NOTE: mailing lists go obsolete very quickly ... I mean literally in weeks. People forget they opted in to your site/newsletter. Be sure to be well prepared. Setup your auto responder to mail out newsletters regularly ... twice a week is good, to keep your list warm. Include messages with links that bring back your list members to your site ... that sky rockets your site traffic even more.
    Have fun
    Samo

Samo, Aug 17, 2016 IP
  7. Froggys

Froggys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This really seems to be a great service!

Froggys, Aug 18, 2016 IP