1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating an local ecommerce site

Discussion in 'PHP' started by FoxIX, Feb 11, 2016.

I want to get some practice in setting up an ecommerce store but I don't want to use a domain to do it. I know I can (and already do) use xampp to set up websites and wordpress, but can I do the same with an ecommerce site? Would the payment processing work the same as it would for a live site?

Solved! View solution.
    FoxIX, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    In theory you can do exactly the same on a local server as on a public domain.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 11, 2016 IP
    Every payment processing system (Ex: Authorize, Paypal, 2Checkout, etc..) all have what is called developer/testing sandboxes where the URL and credentials are different from the live website. These APIs usually act the same way and you get the same response as you would in live systems. No actual money is debited and some don't have Credit Card validations in testing sandboxes.

ThePHPMaster, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  4. FoxIX

FoxIX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you both for your answers. It does make complete sense that it would work like that but wasn't entirely sure. Thanks :) (And I've also noticed my error in the title of the thread. Grrr).

FoxIX, Feb 12, 2016 IP
  5. AlexZog

AlexZog Member

Best Answers:
    You can also try glabex.com, it is much simpler, you need just 2 minutes to upload your logo and provide store name and contact info. You can upload products with file, it very easy. you also can link up to 12 different payment gateways, providing just email! also it is free, the best thing you can attract users with social, inviting friends, creating groups, organizing buzz around your product, brand!

AlexZog, Feb 21, 2016 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So how do they monetise the site?
    There must be a cost hidden away somewhere

sarahk, Feb 21, 2016 IP
  7. FoxIX

FoxIX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While this sort of website would benefit others, I am learning how to develop websites and wouldn't be much use to me. But thank you.

FoxIX, Feb 22, 2016 IP