1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain is registered with Dynadot and hosting is Godaddy

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by lapidus, Feb 11, 2016.

Hell folks

I am facing with a big problem how to change name servers to my domain which is hosted with Dyandot and on Godady i am using shared hosting.I have change ns1. and ns2. with Goddady IP address in Dyandot but i need to change something else in Godaddy DNS manager.Did someone know solution?

lapidus, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  2. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You need to change on your dynadot domain as same on your hosting at godaddy

robyries, Feb 12, 2016 IP
  3. Mearning

Mearning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to set nemeserver at dynadot - ns1.dynadot.com and ns2.dynadot.com
    • Sign in to your Dynadot account.
    • Select "Folders" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
    • Click on the link listed in the "Set Name Servers" column. After the page loads, you should see a place to enter you name servers. (This will look the same as the name server settings when you set name servers for individual domains.)
    • You can choose to enter name servers, set your domains to parking, forwarding, or stealth forwarding, set your domain to Dynadot hosting, specify DNS records, or set up email forwarding.
    • Choose your name server settings and save them.

After this you need to go godaddy and set hosting for this domain

Mearning, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    After you make the changes, you need to wait at least 1 hour for the DNS fully propagate.

mentos, Feb 18, 2016 IP
  5. linux7802

linux7802 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No need to worries, simply contact your hosting provider and get the nameservers from them and forward the nameserver to your domain name registrar and ask them to update the nameservers record for your domain.

linux7802, Feb 22, 2016 IP
  6. rackend

rackend Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it is good that you are free to ask any question here, but it is more wise to contact immediately your host support considering such questions.

rackend, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  7. lapidus

lapidus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for this support but from my view is not possible to change name servers. Rackend btw Godaddy not have anymore chat support or e-mail support,you must call them on the phone LOL.
    Did someone else have a solution for this problem now? Thanks

lapidus, Mar 2, 2016 IP
  8. Mearning

Mearning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy have phone support You may use.

Mearning, Mar 2, 2016 IP
  9. VDecipher

VDecipher Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a similiar problem. My domain is with Dynadot and hosting with GoDaddy deluxe (shared windows). My GoDaddy name servers are set up with Dynadot. My GoDaddy hosting IP address is failing to automatically matching these name servers, even after 48 hours. I have contacted each company about the same problem, however, they direct me back to one another. This is whacky. I just deleted this website from my hosting account. I will wait a day, then set it up again. Perhaps this will allow my registrar and hosting company to finally jive, allowing my website to be online.

At GoDaddy manage my domain list, I see that this domain says DNS Only. This has different name servers than what shows for all my other sites which are registered and hosted through GoDaddy. I have added these name servers to Dynadot. Now, an IP lookup says everything is ok. It may take a few hours to be online.

It appears that GoDaddy automatically issues different nameservers for domain names, when they are added to a shared hosting plan, if registered with a different registrar.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2016
    VDecipher, Jul 8, 2016 IP