1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does Bing Advertising compare to Google?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by irj, Jan 21, 2015.

I searched the forum before posting the best I could. I have learned alot of useful information about Google Adwords, but not as much about Bing.

I am a new business and I have a rather small inventory as of now, but I would like to start gaining an increase in sales. Google Adwords seems to have pretty good competition and I would guess that Bing advertising is probably easier and cheaper than Google.

Is there a free or low cost way to get started with Bing?

irj, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  2. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Bing has grown quite a bit and still doesn't have as many advertisers as Google, but the prices aren't as cheap as they once were. I would agree they might be better for you to start with as opposed to Adwords, but if you're looking to go even cheaper then you may want to consider other PPC sites like Media.net/7Search/Clicksor/Chitika/Bidvertiser.

FPForum, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  3. Spydaman

Spydaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bing is a good second place to put some energy into. Traffic quality is good, but their volume is low. Bids are usually slightly less than Google. They let you independently select their own properties or their syndication network so you can opt into or out of either at any time which is nice. If you go with them and advertise on their syndication network, always make sure to check their publisher report and weed out the lower quality sites since they let you block up to 2000 sites.

They have made it easy to import campaigns directly from Adwords so its not really that much more effort to get something setup. If you setup a new bing webmasters account and bing ads account they give you $100 starting credit: http://blogs.bing.com/webmaster/2014/10/10/get-100-dollars-bing-ads-credit/ There's also offers for $50 starting credits out there too.

Spydaman, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  4. besttool2016

besttool2016 Member

Best Answers:
    Bing is definately a great place to start for a cheaper advertising price. For free advertising in Bing, you can utilize the search engine optimization (SEO) technique on your website to rank it the top spot in Bing search result. SEO is a very powerful and free to get a lot of traffic.

besttool2016, Jan 17, 2016 IP
  5. jerdei

jerdei Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You asked about free or low cost method to get started on Bing? Are you asking about training material on how to use Bing?

It's a rather straight forward interface and very similar in nature to Adwords. The competition is generally a little less but as for ROI Adwords will get you 90% more traffic so I strongly recommend you focus time and energy on the platform that has the most availability to scale. If you have a very small advertising budget of under a grand then Bing isn't a bad way to start out.

Feel free to ask Bing specific questions and I can probably answer them for you.

jerdei, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  6. Connor Harrison

Connor Harrison Member

Best Answers:
    I was happy to get my hands dirty playing with Bing advertising. It's all worth it when compared to Adsense. Definitely, I started here and it has been productive in working with Adsense now. Above everything, Bing has a better customer service than Google! I can ask my queries and be cautious not to cross the line!

Connor Harrison, Feb 11, 2016 IP
    Ben Weir likes this.
  7. Abhishek Nigam

Abhishek Nigam Member

Best Answers:
    Dear,
    It is not as such cheap as we listen. But we can use it to gain extra sale for our website in less cost than Google. And all the methods & Procedures are same as Google.
    And Bing search network is the best way to generate extra leads. What I realized for my projects.

Abhishek Nigam, Feb 16, 2016 IP
  8. ghatxx

ghatxx Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing ads are cheaper generally, but high competition keywords are going to be pricey no matter where you buy them. The main advantage to Bing ads (IMO) is that the userbase is typically a little less tech-savvy than the average Google or Yahoo user. The reason for this is that Bing is the default search engine for IE on all new PC's.

ghatxx, Mar 7, 2016 IP
  9. Jonnyg13

Jonnyg13 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I may be a little biased because I started with bing but I definitely prefer them. I have run over 10 completely different campaigns on both and bing is always significantly cheaper. Having said that google has by far the most users so you will get more traffic from google, but it will almost certainly cost more.

If you are looking for a low cost way to get started with either look around for vouchers, I believe bing still offer them if it is your first advertising account with them.

Jonnyg13, Jan 5, 2017 IP