1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Operation Choking Point - What do You think About That?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Dr. Carey Nathan, Feb 8, 2016.

I was recently sent a letter from Bank of America regarding them shutting down my merchant and bank account because I am in sales of Nutraceuticals. Doing my research further, I noticed that there is new law, that was pushed by Obama Administration called "Operation Choking Point". It is designed to "choke" off banking rights from industries that our government don't feel comfortable about.

Because supplements are not FDA controlled, they are all labeled now "pseudo pharma" and selling supplements suddenly is illegal. For big companies business as usual. For "fleas" like me - Operation Choking Point.

Let me get that straight, first you licenses a business, make them pay licensing fees, spend money on opening office, hiring people, advertising and when it's time to make sales, you "choke" them???

Isn't it racketeering and human rights violation?

[​IMG]

Dr. Carey Nathan, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually operation choke point is in the process of being repealed. But honestly, nobody is going to touch this type of processing right now, choke point or not. There's been so much fraud on these types of products, processors have been prohibiting them long before choke point. If you got the account approved in the first place, it's because the processor didn't actually look at the products.

jestep, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  3. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LoL where did you live OP under a rock?

fionix, Feb 15, 2016 IP