1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who can assure me listing in DMOZ?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Dr. Carey Nathan, Feb 8, 2016.

I am building a unique platform for writers and interested in getting listed in DMOZ. Is anyone here doing any kind of editorial reviews for DMOZ and willing to assist in getting listed there? PM me with details. I am all in!

Dr. Carey Nathan, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No one can assure you of that; and even if they did, another editor could easily remove it.

Agent000, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  3. supersunset

supersunset Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's weird because no one can assure that your site will be listed, I prefer to purchase old domain which is already listed on DMOZ.
    By the way I am still waiting on getting my last domain approved, it's already been more than 2 months. God knows whether they check for pending listings.:mad::mad:

supersunset, Feb 9, 2016 IP
  4. Dr. Carey Nathan

Dr. Carey Nathan Guest

Best Answers:
    I am not asking for opinions, lets make a deal PM me, otherwise who needs opinions, don't you all have work to do?

Dr. Carey Nathan, Feb 9, 2016 IP
  5. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice attitude you have :(

You got the correct information and that is NO ONE can guarantee you a listing in DMOZ and your "subtle" attempt to have someone show unfair advantage to reviewing your site(s) will almost certainly result in a permanent ban on all sites that you are related to.

If you believe that your site is listable, suggest it to the appropriate category and it will be reviewed, but the waiting period could be anything between a day and many years. DMOZ is run by Volunteer Editors and does not provide a guarantee for listing sites so once suggested, just move on and promote your site by other means. After a site has been suggested, doing anything else can only be detrimental to your cause and suggesting it again merely overwrites the date stamp and results in the site going to the bottom of the suggestion pool.

snooks, Feb 9, 2016 IP
  6. GreenDog

GreenDog Active Member

Best Answers:
    GreenDog, Feb 10, 2016 IP
  7. Kulsum

Kulsum Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can contact with DMOZ Admin.

Kulsum, Feb 10, 2016 IP
  8. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How? With thousands and thousands of sites awaiting review , what makes you think that contacting a DMOZ Admin will get you special treatment? EVERYONE is treated equally and people need to wait patiently, without trying to circumvent the proceedures in place.

snooks, Feb 11, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  9. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can try and contact any editor to pull strings or offer money, but be prepared for your site to be banned forever if you try that route.

Anonymously, Feb 20, 2016 IP
  10. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I look forward to you volunteering your spare time to check some and list them and take this sort of abusive comments to people who do give freely of their time, link to apply is on most pages of the directory.

Change of a domain will mean a relook to see if we list, once in is by no means a guarantee to stay there.

Anonymously, Feb 20, 2016 IP
  11. supersunset

supersunset Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I already have a domain which is listed and I have used the same trick. It had not been removed till now.

supersunset, Feb 20, 2016 IP