1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Number 9 Book Club - An Online Community for Book Lovers

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by number9bookclub, Feb 9, 2016.

Hi Everyone
    we are currently hosting a pro boards forum and are looking to drive traffic to the site. We have some amazing offers on ebooks but guests do not seem to register.
    We have tried forcing a registration only to the site but this prevents even more traffic to the site.
    We are currently using social media but this doesn't appear to be enough
    any help?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

number9bookclub, Feb 9, 2016 IP
  2. number9bookclub

number9bookclub Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We are slowly gaining numbers....
    Thank you for all the messages and words of advice.
    Daniel @ Number 9 Book Club

number9bookclub, Feb 15, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I just did a search and you didn't come up at all on pages 1 or 2 - here's what's above the fold...

upload_2016-2-16_12-27-41.png

I eventually found a weebly site from twitter and then a newsletter that had a link to your actual site. Wow, that was hard work.

I've got a wide screen and my browser doesn't take up the whole screen but even so I found the forum a bit wide - it would be useful to limit the width. Your big problem though is that someone who stumbles upon your site doesn't know what they've found. It looks like a forum version of GoodReads - can't see anything about accessing ebooks or any real reason to sign up. Your group on GoodReads, however, gives a really good intro into who you are but still doesn't have that "register now" appeal.

Go through your business plan and work out what needs to be added to give visitors that drive to join you rather than your competitors. What do you offer that they don't?

sarahk, Feb 15, 2016 IP
  4. number9bookclub

number9bookclub Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarah
    I really appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback and advice.
    Will look into the points you mention.
    Kind regards
    Daniel

number9bookclub, Feb 16, 2016 IP
  5. sitepaw

sitepaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to say, it is just another VB forum out of thousands there, I don't see much benefits to join. To start a forum is long long journey, you need to offer something good to the visitors. Good luck!

sitepaw, Feb 20, 2016 IP