1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to sell domain name??

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Gyan027, Feb 8, 2016.

Where and how to sell your domain name?
    what people expect while buying??
    is this business like website flipping??

Gyan027, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Can sell at namecheap, or godaddy, namepros, DIGITALPOINT, the list goes on.

Another big site for selling domains is flippa. Flippa has a big market BUT, you need to market the domains and promote them. Simply paying for the basic listing fees is a total waste of money. I have had fantastic domains, no bids even though starting at $1. If I want to sell a domain I no longer need, I have had better success at listing on namecheap, $5-$25 and its usually a quicksale.

I have seen people who were successful at selling domains at flippa. It is crucial for you to con people into believing it is worth more then it really is. Even paying for people to place fake bids is "normal", you used to be able to hire people on fiver to do fake bidding for you, now you can hire on warrior forums or other places. Without promoting outside of flippa, and a really sleezy ad, you likely will not be able to sell the domains profitably. For example, I have seen people pay $xxxx for domains that later cannot be sold for $xxx. They were worth nothing. And or, if you are good at conning people, I have seen people buy domains cheap from namepros for next to nothing, and flog them off at massive profit to suckers.

Hope that answers your questions.

matt_62, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  3. Connor Harrison

Connor Harrison Member

Best Answers:
    There are so many websites that sell your domain. Flippa, GoDaddy, Sedo, Namecheap, Amazon and even eBay! Every user who buys a domain look out for these things:

1) If its a .com or .net domain. TLD domain is better any time.
    2) Age of the domain matters a lot if you are planning on implementing SEO in your blog.
    3) A page rank helps, more like DA rank.
    4) Understand the earlier content the domain had, this helps you avoid spammed websites.

Connor Harrison, Feb 10, 2016 IP
    Lannister10 likes this.
  4. avpol

avpol Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you plan to register a domain name and to sell it, you should be aware that all short (and potentially expensive) one word domain names are already taken by registrars themselves (they will sell it as expensive as possible). What you can register and then flip is a two (or more) word domain name. In this case, be aware that domain names like, say, "splendidseo" or "coolforex" (adjective + noun) are worth ZERO. What can be sold (for $XX, rarely for $XXX) is a domain name that evokes some (more or less) interesting image, for example, "seorealm" or "forextrends". The domain name should end in .com.

avpol, Feb 16, 2016 IP
  5. xplores

xplores Banned

Best Answers:
    yes, you can sell it on namecheap, or godaddy, namepros, DIGITALPOINT, Flippa, GoDaddy, Sedo, Namecheap, Amazon and even eBay!
    you just choose which is from those having great places for selling domains.

xplores, Feb 22, 2016 IP
    MilesWeb and blubloc.annm like this.
  6. HelenVendo

HelenVendo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best platforms for selling are already counted here.
    I had experince with Flippa. Really fast and easy and althought firstly I've put rather high price for possible reducing during conversation with the client, domain was bought at this price.

HelenVendo, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  7. gamblingdomains

gamblingdomains Active Member

Best Answers:
    Domaining is a big business but not easy to just sell.

You can check historical sales at dnpric.es but most listed tend to have been through auctions on sites like sedo and sometimes flippa

gamblingdomains, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  8. Altoz

Altoz Banned

Best Answers:
    Try to sell them by your self. List them everywhere you cant for free. Like site listbuydomains.com and others.
    Before that create website with content and try to rank on google. Reach out to your potential clients and do you own sale.
    Don't expect to get good price from forum domainers and from BIG site auctions. They only want you to reduce the price to minimum, pay to list and then you will also pay commission apx.20%. Not worth it. Reach your clients your self and keep control. It's not magic.....

I sold only 1 domain via BIG auction site, the rest I sold by my self....try it.

Altoz, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  9. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, I think it will be more easy to do yourself domain name!
    Also, domain name is very important in all internet marketing, thanks for this things your business will be more understanding and your traffic will be more better!
    Also, you can watch all detail their http://www.wikihow.com/Sell-a-Domain-Name! Also, it can help you to do it)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    JudySlean, Mar 17, 2016 IP
  10. MakeBlog.org

MakeBlog.org Peon

Best Answers:
    There are quite a few market places to sell your domain names. For beginners i would say flippa and or sedo would be a good place to start. Down the line as you grow your portfolio of domains you can start reaching out to domain brokers to sell for you. Of course you will need to split them a percentage of the sales price.

MakeBlog.org, Mar 19, 2016 IP
  11. Questions_

Questions_ Peon

Best Answers:
    I have question about selling domains on flippa.
    I received an offer from a potential buyer.
    Does anyone had experience selling domain through flippa.

What are the total cost for selling domain name on flippa?
    If I sell a domain, the cost is only 10% of the sum, or there are additional fees?
    I have listed more domains on flippa. If someone could explain to me what it means: paying for the basic listing fees?

And if anyone could explain me the procedure of selling a domain after accepting the offered price by the buyer. Does the buyer pays the price to the seller and fees (10% of the price) are automatically deducted.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
    Sorry if these questions should be set up in another topic of the forum, I'm a new member.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Questions_, Apr 10, 2016 IP
  12. Ditmar

Ditmar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to list your domain on SEDO Domain Marketplace

Ditmar, Apr 10, 2016 IP
  13. Jennifer Moon

Jennifer Moon Member

Best Answers:
    you can do it at your current registrar OR you can sell it here! :)
    if they are good, alot people will love it!

Jennifer Moon, Apr 12, 2016 IP
  14. Mohseena Siddiqui

Mohseena Siddiqui Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Could you please let me know the price structure for different services??

Mohseena Siddiqui, Jun 1, 2016 IP