1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the preferred method of payment from your customers?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Gavin77, Jan 29, 2016.

If you meet your customers in person, and they agree to you providing your service, how is the way that most of them prefer to pay?

1. A Check, all up front or 50% up front (and do you cash the check as soon as you get it?)
    2. Quickbooks or Freshbooks invoicing with the credit card payment link attached to the invoice
    3. Cash?

Exclude writing jobs where it is 100% online. These obviously would be more cc or paypal. But lets say this is for when you know your client personally

Gavin77, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  2. WLEadmin

WLEadmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do everything through PayPal for the extra protection and ID security, regardless of whether it's online, offline, in-person or anything else. It's typically easier for them, too, as I can just give them an email address and it serves for everything.

WLEadmin, Jan 30, 2016 IP
  3. Gavin77

Gavin77 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Awesome thank you. I never really got into Paypal, but think I am going to start using it more now. Im guessing setting up a business account is best. Anything to look out for when using it?

Gavin77, Jan 30, 2016 IP
  4. WLEadmin

WLEadmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    They let you have 8 email addresses on the same account, so use a separate one for all your business dealings. Don't rely on their bookkeeping, either - you're better off tracking your own (though theirs works fine). Other than that, just follow the rules, really. :)

WLEadmin, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  5. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use paypal only for all my services. Payment upfront, so that I don't have to wait to get my money.

dojodesign, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  6. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    Like all the people above me, I like to use Paypal for all of my transactions (it offers an extra level of protection for me and the customers).
    I have to admit that I also accepted cash because a few people didn`t have bank account. (weirdly enough, they weren`t amish)

HCFGrizzly, Feb 8, 2016 IP