1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Dropshipping Journey with AliExpress

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by yaros, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Tan Jia Lee

Tan Jia Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Chinese new year starts from 8/2/2016. I have some problem scraping the reviews; the review leads to constantly loading after I start scraping.Any software recommended?

Tan Jia Lee, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  2. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Already added a credit card payment option.

yaros, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  3. hicham538

hicham538 Peon

Best Answers:
    I made a checkout test and it only gave the option of paying with paypal ! :) You mean that the landing page of paypal payement show directly the option to pay with credit card?
    Have you thought about contracting paypal pro service? I think that considering the number of visites that you have now, may be it´s worth and profitable to invest $30/month with this service.

hicham538, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  4. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I removed it now, doing some testing.

yaros, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  5. wankerman

wankerman Peon

Best Answers:
    This happens when Aliexpress does a 302 redirect (I guess for testing purposes). If you use PHP cURL to access the reviews, make sure you use the CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION option in your request.

Since yesterday, my site can't even access the product list. So I'm really looking forward to getting the API. Looks like they couldn't give it to me before their new year. Ridiculously long...

wankerman, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  6. KimCheeZZ

KimCheeZZ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks yaros for sharing your knowledge and experience with us. watching this post for more updates.

KimCheeZZ, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  7. Heidi Green

Heidi Green Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome! Good luck with that! :)

Heidi Green, Feb 7, 2016 IP
  8. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Recently I have finished developing my second theme for the plugin and have built the first site on this template. How do you find it?

[​IMG]

yaros, Feb 17, 2016 IP
    seo.xpert likes this.
  9. hicham538

hicham538 Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations Yaros!
    So nice and professional aspect !

hicham538, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  10. AL01

AL01 Peon

Best Answers:
    BTW, your Marc Moniz looks really good.

Thank you so much for helping us avoid deep holes and concrete walls. Sincerely, thanks for sharing your valuable efforts, sleepless nights and sweat with us.
    I've just joined the forum. There I read a lot of interesting things.
    I myself have 4 web sites online doing Affiliate with Aliexpress through AliPlugin. My my real target is DropShip. With Aliexpress and other.
    But the way I designed all my sites, built around a ''Mother'' sites, it would be easy to transform the sites one by one to Dropshipping.
    BUT... If I read correctly, you ''built'' your own plugin to use all the material from Alexpress but to set up your own price and car, is that right?
    Sorry if you answered that question already but I really want know the correct info.
    So, based on the assumption the you built it yourself, it would be ok to assume that the online Stores like Wish.com , Choies.com simply did the same and tons of money ?
    Thanks

AL01, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  11. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Right, my dropshipping plugin is similar to AliPlugin but it does not redirect to Ali, you sell items directly from your site and set any prices you like.

yaros, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  12. Edward.k

Edward.k Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Yaros,

Any ETA for the launch of this awesome dropshipping plugin of yours?

Edward.k, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  13. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Unfortuanely can't give any exact time frames.

yaros, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  14. wankerman

wankerman Peon

Best Answers:
    Good job on your worldofharry.com site. I would remove the "Only ## left in stock" since you seem to be randomly generating this number between 2 and 20. It actually changes every time we refresh the page making you appear less credible. People automatically assume the item is in stock if it's displayed on the site. Doesn't the API provide stock info???

BTW, I'm still waiting for my API from AliExpress after 3 weeks. I guess they really do shut down completely during the Chinese new year.

wankerman, Feb 18, 2016 IP
  15. AL01

AL01 Peon

Best Answers:
    If I may, The AliPlugin people from what I understand are from Arab Emirates... Or at least the wallet that is there. But frankly, I believe that there is only 2 persons working at support (Julia and Yaroslav) and they are either really busy or really slow... and sometimes almost uncooperative. I had to wait for my API for more than 3 or 4 weeks. But when I sent the 3rd email which was an Unpleasant email about their lack of support and communication, I had my API within 6 hours.
    Good luck with that

AL01, Feb 18, 2016 IP
  16. wankerman

wankerman Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I sent them a second reminder email this morning. If I don't receive my API access by the end of next week, I will follow your lead. But just to be clear, I'm talking about the API from AliExpress, not the AliPlugin developed by Yaros. I'm not using the AliPlugin since I've developed my own proprietary ecommerce system.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  17. wankerman

wankerman Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Yaros! I'm still confused about the API. Can you confirm that the developer API returns all image links, options (size, color, etc), pricing structure?

In other words, does it return this info:

'skuProducts': [{"skuPropIds":"193,3434","193,3434":{"isActivity":"true","skuPrice":"US $81.50","count":3,"actSkuPrice":"US $57.87","skuBulkPrice":"","actSkuBulkPrice":""},"skuProp":"14:193#BLACK;200000124:3434"},.........

and this info:

"skuPropertyList":[{"order":1,"skuPropertyName":"Color","showType":"colour_atla","skuPropertyId":14,"isShowTypeColor":true,"skuPropertyValues":[{"skuPropertyValueShowOrder":1,"skuPropertyImageSummPath":"http://g04.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1DcnqJVXXXXbCXpXXq6xXFXXXQ/32455455787.jpg_120x120.jpg","skuPropertyValueTips":"BLACK","skuColorValue":"#000000","propertyValueId":193,"propertyValueName":"Black","propertyValueDefinitionName":"BLACK","skuPropertyImagePath":"http://g04.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1DcnqJVXXXXbCXpXXq6xXFXXXQ/32455455787.jpg","propertyValueDisplayName":"BLACK"},.............

According to the link below, the data which the API returns is very limited.

http://portals.aliexpress.com/help/help_center_API.html

Is that the entire API documentation? Is it outdated? Or is there another API for developers? If so, how do I get access to the developer API?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  18. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would not like to discuss technical issues here, it is not convenient and not interesting for the majority of people. Please pm me.

yaros, Feb 19, 2016 IP
  19. AL01

AL01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello again Yaros,
    Question regarding your AliDropship plugin ?
    Could you just grab the Aliexpress price Info, add your formula and post your price ? But when people click BUY the could be sent to your own cart for buying. Isn't that what your plugin do ? (Please note that I am not implying that it is a simple task to achieve)
    Do you prefer I PM you ?

AL01, Feb 21, 2016 IP
  20. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Exactly, this is the way my Plugin works.

yaros, Feb 21, 2016 IP