1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I start again?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by cars111, Feb 7, 2016.

Hi I hope you can help me? I have a dilemma. I have an online store which as been running for 4 years. Let's say the domain name is vapingelectroniccigarettes.co.uk the vaping.com and vaping.co.UK are taken but have no website on them. As you see I have very long domain name. I can buy the .com but I haven't got the funds at the moment. I am starting to sell my product in Spain now as well as the UK. I have vaping.es
    Also the vaping isn't available on Facebook or twitter but I have vapingelectroniccigarettes as my facebook and vaperuk as my twitter. I Also have quite a few affiliates working for my website as well. My question is should I buy the vaping.EU domain or vaping.net and have intenational parts on it say vaping.EU/UK or stick with the domain I have now and have a separate site for Spain? Or should I bite the bullet and relaunch with a Fresh domain name and company and 301 redirect my current domain?

As I want to build a brand I know that getting the top level domain would be better and I could Probably buy the .com in a few months but the co.UK and the twitter Facebook not being available worries me.

Sorry for the long message hope you guys can help

Thank

cars111, Feb 7, 2016 IP
  2. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you can try to get a .com domain. Most people remember .com URLS. If you cant .NET is fine. People will remember short domains better instead of a long one.

kb24, Feb 7, 2016 IP
  3. cars111

cars111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi thanks a lot for the feedback, ok so I have found a domain name that I cant believe is available :) The only problem is I can get the .com , twitter ,facebook ,youtube etc but the .co.uk is taken , it has been registered since 2014 and no site has been placed on it. Do you think this will be a problem with my brand?

Thanks so close now

cars111, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  4. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The electronic cigs is this your product? If you want to too rank your domain for those keywords that's fine if the .com is available I would go with that. As for branding to get away from the e-cigs market you see many I.M blogs out there with just their name as their domain. ie: johndoe.com and then their blog or site is about internet marketing stuff. Or johndoe's internet marketing blog or something like that. See what I'm getting at? So they are using their name as a "brand"... but its the content on your site that will get you noticed the keywords you choose that will get your site noticed in google. If you plan on building your site out via SEO check out my sig its a site that will teach you how to build out a site. Mind you its going to take work. Its not some quick results type of thing..

Hope this helps..

kb24, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  5. newpage

newpage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I say yes, buy the other shorter domains. In the meantime focus on branding your name but don't be too quick to 301 your older domains. Push your brand name instead of the domain name unless it's pretty much identical to your name, and online keep doing your internet marketing to capture all the keyword traffic possible. Once your brand is established you really won't need to be concerned about what domains customers are coming in through, because at any time you wish you can then choose to 301 those sites without it really effecting your traffic.

newpage, Feb 12, 2016 IP