1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does facebook AD work for your blog promotion?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by The Leo, Feb 5, 2016.

I want to start a discussion that you guys can add up to. I am a blogger myself and saw some pretty conversion rate through Facebook.

But, some of them were very dull too. So, it's my pleasure to learn that what is your opinion about getting traffic through paid campaign.

Does Facebook ad work for you?
    What other paid campaign you are using for boosting your blog traffic?

Remember I am trying to get an overall idea and the things you do, SEO is not an option here.

The Leo, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  2. Snowman90

Snowman90 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey, Facebook Ads work for me to generate traffic to my blog. I usually boost every post with about $10 starting out then I check to see how well it's performing. If it gets alot of shares and likes then I will boost it some more up to a maximum of fifty dollars.

For FAcebook, I've found that a good image is about 80% of the battle. If you can get that one down then you'll see your CTR increase and your CPC decrease

Aside from that, I've been playing with some native advertising through outbrain and the CPC is quite low and it's generating some decent traffic and exposure.

Snowman90, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  3. The Leo

The Leo Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK, great to hear that. I agree with you on that part. A good lucrative image is must for Facebook advertising.

The Leo, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  4. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did try to run Facebook ads twice, but didn't get great results. It's true I didn't spend too much either. I am planning on using a better strategy this time around, to promote my upcoming freelancing course and hope to get the ball rolling.

dojodesign, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Same here didn't get much of anything from FB. Supposedly it's good for the entertaining niche. Someone mentioned on DP a few months back that they run a Cebu dating site and get 50+ sign ups a day from there. That's not bad.

qwikad.com, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  6. The Leo

The Leo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yap, agreed on that. Entertainment niche is much more to work on Facebook promotion. They easily go viral. I have great success with local music niche.

The Leo, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  7. Badsha Mia

Badsha Mia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was trying facebook ad for getting traffic for my website. But it didn't get satisfactory result.

Badsha Mia, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  8. The Leo

The Leo Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are some optimization rules for Facebook advertisement, you need to follow those. Then also how to create successful Ad dimension.
    Were you familiar with those?

Throwing some random text with any image will not attract visitors. Here is a small explanation you can check: http://blogron.com/the-best-ad-dimension-cheat-sheet-for-facebook-google-adwords-twitter-and-linkedin/

The Leo, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  9. Snowman90

Snowman90 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, there are a few best practices for FB ads that'll determine whether or not you'll see success. Targeting can be a pain, but worth it.

I've found success using a 90 day retargeting cookie that can be super cheap and has a decent CTR because people already know who I am.

I also use a series of soft touches before trying to get the sale

Snowman90, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  10. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Pillai.G, Feb 10, 2016 IP