1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search Function in Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Telegram Sam, Jan 22, 2016.

I am now experiencing repeatedly the inability of the Search Function in Yahoo Mail to retrieve recent as opposed to older emails, using the same tools as before and looking for emails than can, with an effort, be found by looking manually (scrolling).
    Has anyone experienced the same and/or has found a fix and/or has been successful in getting through to and getting a response from Yahoo "Help"?

Telegram Sam, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have not run into this issue. Has it happened just recently for you? Perhaps it's a temporary issue?

danasurvey, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  3. Telegram Sam

Telegram Sam Peon

Best Answers:
    It is certainly a relatively recent phenomenon but difficult to say just how recent. I thought it might be a bug with Yahoo itself (rumours that they are no longer investing in Mail) but until other users report similar findings I cannot say - nor predict how long it will take for the issue to be resolved. You would think that the problem would be cloud-based rather than something to do with my PC settings.

Telegram Sam, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  4. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo have worst algorithm to work with. They don't know what to do with their product even a simple mail web mail clients will do a good search in email that yahoo mail.

Anusha55, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  5. Telegram Sam

Telegram Sam Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Help must also be awarded a medal for being the most inaccessible "Help" department. I cannot put this problem to them. Does anyone know how to make contact with a human person there, not a virtual FAQ person?

Are you saying that it is possible to do searches of my (recent) emails using a different independent non-Yahoo web mail search facility???

Telegram Sam, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  6. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google wins this award too :eek:

danasurvey, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  7. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    THough i was not telling that but you can use like of outlook and Thunderbird and there you will able to search easily.

Google have better help documents than all others even Microsoft don't have them

Anusha55, Feb 8, 2016 IP