1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Godaddy Stole my domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by EvcRo, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Benpick

Benpick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not all domains have grace period e.g. .EU domain has no grace period. Once it expires even for one day it will enter directly into a quarantine period as defined by the .EU registry. In which case you will need to pay for the renewal and the quarantine fee. Quarantine fee ranges from $30-80 depending on the registration provider.

So if you could give us the domain so all of us here can check?

Benpick, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  2. Altoz

Altoz Banned

Best Answers:
    Why you call him an idiot? Are you local guru because you made 1,754 post (probably dumb).
    The guy ask for info and help not to be attacked and offended.
    I tried Daddy few times and IMHO they suck big time. I had nothing but trouble. Like I said, just tried them because all the sheep frenzy.
    I am with Fabulous for over 20 years and can't be happier. Fortunately, they are not after everyone, they focus on quality product, and it has been always 100% plus.
    You can't even imagine what kind of dashboard/panel they have, Godaddy doesn't come even close......

Altoz, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I already explained why he is an idiot. He had an important domain name that he never wanted to expire so instead of renewing it 6 months, or 1 month, or 1 week, or even 3 days in advance he waited till the morning of expiration. Regardless of whether he renewed a year in advance or 3 days prior the price would have been the same. How doesn't that sound stupid to you?

It's like being diagnosed with a serious condition that requires immediate medical attention. So instead of having your surgery immediately when recommended by the doctor you wait until the morning of the last day of your life expectancy. I bet your family would say "Shit...Altoz had 1 whole year to get it done...what is he dumb for waiting till the last minute" at your funeral.

No he didn't ask for help. He was making a statement that GoDaddy is a scam. What post did you read?

They may "suck" for all the right reasons but user error is no excuse to pass on to a 3rd party...

I am happy for you. Would you wait until the morning of to attempt to renew an important domain name?

You don't have to imagine, smarty pants. You just have to take a look at it since it's available to anyone...

NetStar, Mar 18, 2016 IP
    scithe likes this.
  4. magpiehost

magpiehost Peon

Best Answers:
    1. You let your domain expired.
    2. You did not renewed your domain within renewal grace period.
    3. Godaddy removed it from your account with option to recover domain for a fee of $80 plus renewal fee.
    4. You opened thread here and claiming Godaddy scammer.
    This does not make any sense.

magpiehost, Mar 27, 2016 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  5. Rob Freeman

Rob Freeman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Gave up on Go Daddy years ago.

Rob Freeman, Mar 27, 2016 IP
  6. JDMS

JDMS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have used GoDaddy for several years and, fingers crossed, I have never had any issue with them. As already mentioned, GoDaddy sends email notifications to alert one to any domains that may be coming up for renewal. They do this well in advance of the actual expiry date and repeat those notifications right up to the date and a few days beyond the expiry date. I know this, because I've deliberately let some of my domains go, having changed my mind about keeping them.

I keep a diary of my domains to alert me to when they need to be renewed. I generally renew them a few weeks before the expiry date, especially those that are in use and/or are really important for me to hang on to.

JDMS, Apr 2, 2016 IP
  7. TheDevNull

TheDevNull Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So, NetStar is completely right.
    As a former employee that doesn't have the best taste in his mouth after leaving GoDaddy, I can still assure you they are not that type of company.

EvcRo, they are a 24/7 support company. If there is not an international form a support for where you are located, they provide you a 1-800 and will route you to a support location relatively close for you. They are quite proud of thee number of locations their support is located in and the multitudes of languages their reps speak in.

They wouldn't be able to cancel your domain if they wanted to. No matter how big the name is or the company behind it. GoDaddy is held by several laws through the general internet in selling and distributing hosting products as well as the registries that allow GoDaddy to sell those domains. If a representive was even suspected of doing so, I am sure a review of their employment and much more would be in the works.

The removal of those products is an automated process: you don't pay the bill, you don't get to keep the product/services are shut off; just like most utility companies. These processes match the requirements of each of those domains associated registries. With the atrocious number of customers they have, they don't care what is in your account unless it's lacking an additional product they can sell you.
    Not to mention, outside of auto renewal, they offer domain protection packages as well that don't allow your domain to expire in your account. The downfall: not many people understand the product and when these people try to cancel these domains, they get extremely frustrated with the number of hoops they have to jump through.

Lastly, a couple people here have asked for your domain name to help you out. I think you are well aware that these people can look at the domain's Whois and see:
    1. Who you are because you're probably too cheap to pay for privacy and
    2. Because it has the expiration date listed on the domain.
    I think you're afraid of people finding out you were wrong on the expiration date making this thread just a place for you to complain about a company for your own mistakes.

TheDevNull, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  8. Rob Freeman

Rob Freeman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had a similar problem. I let one of my domains expire and moved to Namecheap. Have been with them for years, no problems. You can let your domain expire and there is a grace period to get it back, no penalties. Good support backup, no complaints. Whereas I will never do business with Go Daddy nor will I do business with clients who use Go Daddy.

Rob Freeman, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  9. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can still tell you that for some extensions, if you wait till the last day, you lose them as per law regulations on those domains, ie. dot fr domains need to be renewed 15 days before exp or you lose them (actually no but you have to pay an extra $70) and that's not GoDaddy as this happened to me on namecheap (wich I still use)

I left Godaddy coz of the changes they do on their panels all the time and you get confused, Namcheap panel is so much easier to deal with, but hey, it's every one choice.

IG2010, Oct 8, 2016 IP