1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does this ad(see picture) have so many words? Way past 25 character limit.

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by N. Arnson, Feb 4, 2016.

How does this ad(see picture) have so many words? Way past 25 character limit.

Attached Files:

N. Arnson, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  2. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    is this a google ad?

I doubt about it

So many words not possible even they are not using extension like phone, location etc.

Anusha55, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  3. N. Arnson

N. Arnson Peon

Best Answers:
    that;s why i was so confused. Yes, its a google ad. I cut out the company name, but you can still see the yellow "ad" thing

N. Arnson, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  4. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting to see that how Google allowed so many character in the ad. Which company was it? What keyword you used?

Anusha55, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  5. jerdei

jerdei Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is because they are using site links and the callouts function to expand their ad copy. This is something almost all professional PPC companies do and is normal.

jerdei, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  6. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like those are site links and callout extensions as suggested. Note that your ads need to be above the SERPs and your QS needs to be 7 or more. You can't control when they appear but can help increase both CTR and conversion rates.

As you are a photographer, presumably advertise only locally, I would suggest the call extension as well. It helps build trust when people see an ad with a phone number in the same area code.

I also suggest not to throw every extension out there. Start with simple ads and try to improve your QS. Learn from that. Then when your QS is good (remember, needs to be 7 before extensions kick in), add an extension and see the results. I remember a client wanting to add everything at once but nothing is learned as it's difficult to gauge what helped getting more clicks. You need a baseline and learn what works and doesn't. A description line can become a great callout for example.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 18, 2016 IP
  7. chicon

chicon Active Member

Best Answers:
    The extensions are becoming more important, because they are taking up more screen real estate. I have not seen them like in the image but that is the only explanation I would have.

chicon, Mar 1, 2016 IP