1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VodaHost web hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Daniel Myers, Feb 2, 2016.

A few years back I signed up with VodaHost for a website. I liked the software and the interface. However, today the service seems awful expensive and not as good as before. What would you recommend I change too. I used their software to build the site. I might be stuck with them because of this.

Daniel Myers, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  2. Localnode

Localnode Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have FTP access?
    Is your website under public_html? Download it to your local PC. Then open up the index file. If it works - then you probably don't need to stick with them to keep your website.

There's plenty of alternatives out there, though. Generally speaking, a lot of website builders aren't great. You could get further with a pre-made Wordpress template (free or otherwise) - or any other CMS for that matter (Joomla, Drupal).

Localnode, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  3. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    what web site builder program do they have loaded on the server. I might be able to direct you to someone that has the same thing.

CenTex Hosting, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  4. UnderHost_MSA

UnderHost_MSA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They use "BlueVoda" a software they developed in house, as for OP moving should not be that hard getting files and database should be easily doable via their panel but since they use their site builder you won't be able to use it to update the site in future. That's being said there plenty of other software that you could use who would do around the same jobs as i understand BlueVoda is simply an html editor and publish everything on your behalf via FTP.

UnderHost_MSA, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  5. Belira-John

Belira-John Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Independently hosting and controlling your own website files is very beneficial, and so easy these days! It's incredibly easy to look for hosting providers which provide guides on installing WordPress in a few minutes. Google can help here:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=install+wordpress+in+under+5+minutes+with+brute-force+protection+and+auto+updates

Make sure you have the relevant security features enabled when you're venturing in to making and hosting your own website software, as this is often overlooked with new websites!

Finally, just ensure your web host has all the features you need:

• Unlimited professional email addresses
    • Unlimited domain names
    • Unlimited Databases
    • Unlimited FTP Accounts
    • High uptime
    • Excellent & rapid support 24/7/365 (this one is so important!)
    If you need any more tips, let me know!

Belira-John, Mar 20, 2016 IP