1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to set up a blog for best SEO.

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by tommytx, Jan 26, 2016.

I have a primarily real estate website with a static page for the index with the latest blog post snippetts apearing on the front page while my blog is at mydomain.com/blog/
    now since i do not place the blog posts under the parent of blog them come out as
    mydomain.com/mypost/ vice coming out mydomain.com/blog/mypost/
    my question is am I losing any seo value by doing this.. when I do mydomain.com/blog i can see my posts all on one page.. but when i do site:mydomain.com/blog/ of course none show up since they are not indexed under the sub of /blog/... so my question is do I need to move the blog posts under the parent of /blog/

tommytx, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  2. Nonilol

Nonilol Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think it matters much. yourdomain.com/blog/article will work completely fine.
    Just make sure your urls have a good permalink structure:
    eg. yourdomain.com/blog/your-exact-matching-keyword

Nonilol, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  3. Revlocker

Revlocker Peon

Best Answers:
    make sure your content is over 400 words and keyword heavy at the same time make sure content is quality

Revlocker, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  4. Connor Harrison

Connor Harrison Member

Best Answers:
    You don't really have to worry about where you have placed your posts in your blog as every page will be indexed. Worry more about providing quality content and tag your posts with related terms for better indexing. Post 400-500 word blog posts at least once a week. Otherwise, schedule your posts. This will help google bots to visit your page frequently to index it.

Connor Harrison, Feb 9, 2016 IP
  5. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really, that sub is fine to use. There's a lot more I'd want to know about before suggesting a solution. With that said, here's a guide I've written about Wordpress Basics and How to Start a Blog - it covers everything from a newbie standpoint.

GAdsense, Feb 20, 2016 IP
  6. Anubhav-soin

Anubhav-soin Member

Best Answers:
    You do not need to worry about the indexing of webpages of your site, just use any webmaster tool and submit sitemap of your website and wait for some time, till their bot starts crawling your webpages. It will take some time to crawl but it does fine. you can do any other thing to speed up the process.
    However if you are submitting your site to google webmaster tool, you can use fetch as google under the crawl option.

Anubhav-soin, Feb 20, 2016 IP
  7. rf-harris

rf-harris Active Member

Best Answers:
    It would not be much of a problem as your content is still there on your website and you have good quality content then you are surely gonna get benefit from you blog page. So you just concentrate on posting unique and high quality content on your blog and don't bother much about the url.

rf-harris, Feb 22, 2016 IP