1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP includes not resolving?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by FrontEndDev, Feb 4, 2016.

I have a brand new windows 10 laptop. I just did a fresh install of xampp, so I know that it's the latest version of php, I also have a few databases and Wordpress installs running, so I know the php engine is good. But I'm trying to use includes for a few bootstrap blog post templates and they are not working? A quick google search showed me this is a common issue, but I didn't seem to find any solutions... anyone out there deal with this also?
    I'm wondering if it is somehow related to widows 10...ugh...idk

FrontEndDev, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  2. Jackel.ca

Jackel.ca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any PHP errors thrown? If not, as basic as it sounds. Maybe a caching issue.

Jackel.ca, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's probably not related to Windows 10.
    As Jackel stated, is there any errors thrown? If not visible, in the log-files? Apache-errors thrown? (Might not show).
    You've checked the paths and such to see if the files you're trying to include are actually there?
    Could you perhaps post some code-snippets?

PoPSiCLe, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  4. AZ Website Solution

AZ Website Solution Banned

Best Answers:
    Your problems are not complicated but its easy because I am using for windows 10 and use for xampp server, I can guide it but before I can see it after I can guide.One solution you can use wampp server because wampp server is start from any computer and any file run in it.

So you can use for wampp server because xampp server create for few problem so I suggest wampp server.

AZ Website Solution, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  5. FrontEndDev

FrontEndDev Peon

Best Answers:
    @AZ Website Solution: I think you have that backwards...wampp is for windows...xampp is for whatever...
    @everyone else: I'm not seeing any errors thrown...I'll post when I figure it out...

FrontEndDev, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  6. Jackel.ca

Jackel.ca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you haven't already, perhaps invoke error reporting in your PHP file?

Example:

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
    ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);
    error_reporting(E_ALL);

Code (markup):
    Hope this helps.

Jackel.ca, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Since you say turdpress is working includes must be... but the idiotic mouth-breathing halfwit bullshit known as bootcrap is typically client side code, so I'd be checking if the paths to the pointless asshat scripttardery and bloated dumbass CSS framework rubbish are correct.

Well, that or I'd go find a stick to scrape that off with before you track it all over some website's carpets.... since it takes a very SPECIAL type of developer to think that bootcrap serves a legitimate purpose.

... and when I say special, I mean in the same way some Olympics are special.

deathshadow, Feb 6, 2016 IP