1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Remove Account & Posts

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by AdConjure, Feb 3, 2016.

I want my account and posts removed. I paid $50 to be a member on this forum, you can keep it. I will also pay an additional fee to have all my content removed. This forum has been nothing but a headache for myself and my business. It was an absolute mistake joining. Please help me someone as I have tried to contact people via email and twitter with no response for weeks.

AdConjure, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    DP does not I believe, delete content nor close accounts. I understand that you have been ill recently. Hang in there as I'll wager that you may feel differently about your account here given time, along with your improving health.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  3. AdConjure

AdConjure Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been in the process of closing my account since 48 hours after I created it. I paid $50 to become a member. I just want my threads and account closed. I do not have the time to monitor this forum and it seems like a lot of my support issues are coming here instead of my email.

Someone needs to help me remove my account and content, it would be stupid to give me a hard time about it.

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If we are taking about closure of a thread, you can use the Report option. But accounts or individual posts within a thread aren't deleted.

digitalpoint, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  5. AdConjure

AdConjure Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've reported all my threads with an explanation. Never gotten a response from anyone. All my threads are still up. The report button seems to send messages to some mystery land never to be seen again.

6. HelenVendo

HelenVendo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but could you please explain us the reason? It's really interesting. Because I'm sure there're a lot of users here who find this forum a great platform. You wrote 48 hours was enough for you to understand it's useless, but why?

HelenVendo, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  7. AdConjure

AdConjure Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't call it useless, it's just more than I can handle and it's affecting my business negatively.
    I own a small advertising network. I have my own support system, email, skype, etc. For some reason a lot of individuals use DP forums for support issues regarding my network which really slows things down and also since I don't check these forums daily a lot of users get angry with me and write bad things. I do not want an active DP forum account so I can get these issues to stop.

I've tried to have my threads removed, my account removed, I paid $50 to become a member in this forums and I have received absolutely 0 support.

I have reported my threads many times, no reply or removal. After I hit report button and fill in the note it's like the reports just disappear forever.

I've never heard of a website in which you could not remove your account, especially one that refuses to remove my account.

AdConjure, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  8. mnmani

mnmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^ may be you can manually delete content of your posts , change account's mail to a dummy mail ,
    put a signature or custom title that you can't visit here & contact on other network and log out ..

mnmani, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  9. AdConjure

AdConjure Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm unable to delete the content of my posts. The owner claims the report button will work but it doesn't.
    Meanwhile this morning alone my ad network has received 3 negative reviews from DP members in which have NEVER EVEN USED MY NETWORK.

Such a headache.

I will pay you. Please. Report is not working. I understand that you do not delete accounts but refusing completely just seems a little insane. I paid you $50 to become a member, you already got money from me. My premium membership is still active, you can keep the money. I just want my account removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2016
  10. mnmani

mnmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    as you are requesting, management should be kind to remove your account.

mnmani, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  11. AdConjure

AdConjure Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would think so but as you can see the owner "digitalpoint" has replied on this thread, has chosen not to help me in any way for some reason. He did suggest something in which I've already tried multiple times with no avail. It's crazy that I have to beg and spend days/weeks to get someone to close my account or to just remove my threads.

When joining any website in the future this experience will be in my thoughts. This is an absolute mess. I've owned many websites in my life. Some I used scripts, some I developed from scratch - but all allowed users to remove their accounts. I thought that was just a basic feature all user driven websites offered.

12. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you will able to get your sales threads removed (if you have) but what you can do if people make negative reviews by creating their own topics ? Removing your account won't stop that will it ?

But as for your sales thread, Rather than reporting every single thread you made just report that one and get it locked. Rather than approving every publisher trying to join your network it's better set some kind of vetting system. Anyway hope you will get is sorted soon.

Normal Forums don't let members to remove threads and topics as they want. Threads have content created by many members so it wouldn't not fair deleting those just because thread opener want it.

bluearrow, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  13. AdConjure

AdConjure Active Member

Best Answers:
    I only have two threads. I just want my main thread removed because users no matter what I say users continue to use it for support related issues when I have a dedicated support email which is closely monitored. It's causing issues trying to streamline my process in handling many publishers, tickets, etc. It was a mistake creating the thread when I keep things so organized through my platform/email.

14. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems you are not getting anywhere with removing those threads so report again and ask those threads to be locked (if you haven't asked those to be locked already). And leave a note at end of the thread just like at begin no longer you provider support or answer in DP.

That person who made the second post in your topic had given a good advice. If you are running a ad network you are going to get this kind of response. You scam them or not if you boot then they will come back and tell you scam them.

bluearrow, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  15. AdConjure

AdConjure Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's funny you say that, when I edited my main post I seen that first reply I got and thought to myself man he was right. I've actually never had any issues with fake traffic, never banned an account and never refused a payment yet though. This is all due to support issues being handled in these forums instead of email, which slows things down a great deal.

16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Any thread you have created is now closed.
    It sounds to me as if you are reluctant to take on more staff to handle customer support issues. I wonder how your customers perceive that?

sarahk, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  17. AdConjure

AdConjure Active Member

Best Answers:
    My support platform is organized and efeciant. I'm not going to hire staff to handle support issues in public forums when I have my own support system in place.

18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Then why do people prefer to use a forum?
    Perhaps it's not visible enough? Do you need to promote it as your first port of call?
    I'd start by taking a leaf out of @digitalpoint's book and adding a signature here like his
    upload_2016-2-5_9-59-8.png

sarahk, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  19. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't know if it has been mentioned or not: you can pay an additional fee to get your forum handle changed. Change the handle / avatar and it too should take care of it.

Personally, I think you're over-reacting.

qwikad.com, Feb 8, 2016 IP