1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Accidentally deleted Mysql database of wordpress, [HELP]

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by lobsang, Jan 25, 2016.

Hello, So I accidentally deleted mysql database of my wordpress, but My site is still running, I can access all the file in the filezilla but I just can't access the admin area of wordpress to make any changes.

I did made a back up few months ago, I don't want to back up the whole site from the older version because I have much less content on my back up . Is it possible to copy ONLY the mysql data from the old version of wordpress?

So how can I recover my database without losing any content. thanks.

lobsang, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If you've deleted the database your site won't be running - you'll be getting errors or an install page.

sarahk, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  3. R. Martin

R. Martin Peon

Best Answers:
    Many hosting companies has an automatic database backup service. If so, you will find recent copies of your data. In other case, and if you have some new content and the old one, you can merge them from MySQL.

R. Martin, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  4. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ask nicely your hosting provider if they could provide the backups. All professional hosting providers take daily backups for their use but they don't usually give these to clients unless you pay. But sometimes if they are really nice or you are a client they don't want to loose they will help. If you have deleted whole data base then all content in your blog should be gone too.

bluearrow, Feb 2, 2016 IP
    JoshSmith100 likes this.