1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice requested on multi-lingual websites

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by msdriven79, Jan 23, 2016.

Hello,

I have built a website using wordpress as a CMS. The website has mostly static content. Now I would like to build this website in a different language but I am not sure what is the best way to do it. Once finished I want to use the hreflang tag to let google know of it.

- Should I just use a wordpress plugin to translate all the content? The problem I see there is that the domain name of itself only makes sense in the native language. It does not make sense for a translated version. Also the SEO, such as title tags for images are only good in the native language.

- Or should I set up a new domain in that second language, copy the whole worpress contents with database, translate everything and then use the hreflang tag to link those two websites/domains.

I would appreciate your advice and opinion.
    Thank you.

msdriven79, Jan 23, 2016 IP
  2. R. Martin

R. Martin Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on what country will be the main target, and on the language of your current domain name. For example, if the domain name is in English you can keep it with no changes to the other site because most Wold people understand that language. But, if your domain name is in Russian, Chinese or German, and you want to make it more international friendly it would be recommended to create a new domain in English for that site.

R. Martin, Feb 2, 2016 IP