1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search Engines and the submission of new sites.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by helpandhelp, Feb 1, 2016.

There are many search engines out there. I understand that google is one of the best. I have a brand new website. It is already available in google search. I mean when i type the name of my website in google it shows up and when i type the title of most blogs there they show up. (1)Why are other search engines not showing results of my searches? (2) What is the best method and the most effective way of submitting new website to search engines? I searched for help to submit site to search engines and i got many sites saying they would submit my site to thousands of search engines. Is it wise to use this services? If i must use any of these paid submissions do i need to tell them that google already got my site? I am afraid if they should go ahead and resubmit my site to google it may look spammy. What do you think? Please help.

helpandhelp, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  2. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    All the major search engines have tools to submit your website to them. In my opinion you need to submit your website just to the biggest 4 search engines:
    - Google
    - Yahoo
    - Bing
    - Ask
    I don`t understand the point of submitting your website to more than these search engines (I think they hold more than 98% market share, or something like that). Maybe those websites are throwing the "thousands "statement to impress possible clients)
    1. Submit to Google: Go to this URL: (for some reason I can`t post the link, just search "add website to Google" and you will find the link) and just add your website
    2. Submit to Bing: You will need a Bing account. After you create one just go to this link: http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster and add the link to your website. After submitting you will have to verify ownership of the domain. This can be a little tricky if you are not savvy with HTML, as you will need to add a small snippet of code to the header of your site in order to pass this verification process. Once verified, you are finished!
    3. Submit to Yahoo: Yahoo search is powered by Microsoft`s Bing search engine so when you submit your website to Bing it will also show in Yahoo search
    4. Submit to Ask: Ask.com has removed its "submit URL" feature that once allowed Internet users to submit site maps. It is now instead crawling websites to find pages to add to its directory. Source: http://www.ask.com/technology/submit-ask-93d0f7087572a3db

HCFGrizzly, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  3. mascot

mascot Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are scammers out on the web looking for gullible marketing professionals who wish to submit their website to thousands of search engines. The reality is that you dont need to submit your website to search engine. If you have created a brand new website and want to show in Google/Bing then you can submit to Google/Bing by searching Google

Search Google: submit site to Google. You will get link to submit your website
    Search Google: submit site to Bing and you will get Bing Link

Other than these two basic submission tools you dont need to rely on any other service.

mascot, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  4. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would wait for a natural indexing. Just keep posting content and build backlinks, do NOT ping or add your URL to SE's. They will naturally index it! ;)

patco, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  5. helpandhelp

helpandhelp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very helpful contributions, thank you very much.

helpandhelp, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  6. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't have to submit your site to any of those search engines. They will find your site through back-links. Or you can just ping your url to these search engines using a ping service like pingler.com

bluearrow, Feb 1, 2016 IP