1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with what Google API key to use

Discussion in 'Google API' started by MarkusAtTheShore, Jan 30, 2016.

I want to allow my vb program running on a desktop as a local exe to upload events into a Google public calendar using their API.

Google API says you need either an API key or an OAuth client ID. The API key allows for a more automated process without the need for user interaction, but very unclear as to which would be used for an exe running on the desktop.

E.G., Google help screen says use an API key when accessing “Data that the data owner has identified as public, such as a public calendar” Sounds like exactly what I need, but “data owner” is not clear to me. In my case, the data owner could be considered my client not me the developer or vice versa.

Plus, when you request the API key, the description of this Server Key suggests it is limited to a specific IP address. Which means it is tied to the developer not my client. Meaning that requests coming from a different IP address (like one of my clients) would not be able to use the key.

Thanks for any and all ideas on this.

MarkusAtTheShore, Jan 30, 2016 IP
  2. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to develop your own API which will takes care of the access to your calander

Anusha55, Feb 11, 2016 IP