1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Iron Man from Bali

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by th.sigit, Jan 18, 2016.

th.sigit, Jan 18, 2016 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to have an attachment that goes around his skull. He has created a thought-controlled robotic arm from used parts lying around the shop? I am highly doubtful.

Here's one example of the problem with this story: he had a stroke and lost the use of some of his muscles in his left arm leaving him "weak." The stroke had no affect on the actual limb, itself. The nerves. muscles, bones, etc., of the arm are the same as they were before the stroke, i.e., fully functional. It was the cells in the brain that control those muscles that were killed by the stroke and their inability to send signals to the muscles (because the brain cells are dead) is what is causing his weakness. So, how could his brainwave reader get signals from those dead cells to make the movements to replace the muscles weakened in his arm? A case could be made that the algorithms governing these motions could be tweaked into working correctly, but without an EEG machine, some serious scientific modeling software and more, I cannot see this happening.

Great story and might make a good movie, but I think that it is in the realm of fantasy as opposed to news.

jrbiz, Jan 24, 2016 IP
    th.sigit likes this.
  3. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The man did claim that he uses EEG to control his robotic hand :)

I am sure that this device works not only by employing EEG technology, but also some magic, and psychology. Meaning, there is nobody that can make this robotic hand works but himself :p

A good entertaining news, for us here in Indonesia, after the terrorist attack in Jakarta recently. I think that's why most people here --even media-- buy this story.

th.sigit, Jan 24, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.