1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sport betting companies - how to sell ad space to them?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by askermaker, Jan 20, 2016.

Hello, I'd like to ask, if you don't know how to sell my advertising space (banner, text link etc.) to sport betting companies (like Bet365 etc.)? My website is about sport statistics. I've only found advertising companies which work with betting companies on huge TV campaigns :(

I used to have small live poker room and it's website had few hundreds UV/month few years ago. Despite those small numbers, I had one single text link for Pokerstars via some advertising company (I forgot which one..) for few hundreds $ / year. That's reason why I'd rather sell my space to sport betting companies (probably via some advertising company) than using some banner exchanges, google ads or anything else... My web has 100x bigger traffic than mentioned small poker web and I think it would be fine for sport betting ads. But I really can't find informations how to do it :( Thank you in advance for any information :)

askermaker, Jan 20, 2016 IP
  2. Iteration

Iteration Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you looked into affiliate adverts?

Most bookmakers will give you about 30% of the net revenue generated by your referrals each month with a few catches thrown in.

Generally you will make more this way than with banner ads and the more reputable bookies are only interested in this method.

I would be interested to have a look at your site if you want to post it here or send me a private message.

Iteration, Jan 21, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. askermaker

askermaker Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for reply :)

Yep, I have read about affiliates, but I'm not sure if they are honest about revenue. They can easily cheat with numbers.. :/

PM sent.

askermaker, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  4. Iteration

Iteration Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They can but the big ones generally don't.

Bet365 have a great reputation among affiliates and they offer a £200 signup offer to new customers which will help you with conversions and hurt your initial earnings but its a long term strategy. The problem is they are advertised all over the internet to sports fans so your customers if they are eligible probably have an account already.

I'm in this area of affiliate marketing also and its extremely competitive. You need to have a lot of quality content on your website to get people to come back often and its like pulling teeth trying to get people to change bookies... most people don't care they can get an extra 8% profit by betting with bookie B... they just want to have a bit of fun...

Your website is not targeted at a total beginner - your not suited to affiliate ads as your regular readers probably have multiples accounts already... if they want to bet.

If you had to describe your average website viewer what would they be like?

Iteration, Jan 28, 2016 IP
  5. askermaker

askermaker Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say regular readers are interested both in sport and numbers / statistics. It's possible that many of them already have accounts, but for who else than bookmakers would be advertising on my web ideal :-/ I have no clue how profitable is 'classic' advertising like google ads, but with my traffic 25 000 uv/m and 80 000 pv/m I probably could not expect miracles..

askermaker, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  6. ioZoom

ioZoom Member

Best Answers:
    Send them an email and ask for the marketing manager and pitch your website and traffic statistics to them. If you have traffic that they're targeting maybe you'll get an offer.

ioZoom, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  7. askermaker

askermaker Peon

Best Answers:
    Last week I tried to write some advertising companies (some big ones listed on wiki) but nobody has answered as I expected.

I don't know what's wrong. I used to have many advertising offers on my small poker web, but now, with much bigger audience, nobody has ever written me. Maybe because problematic laws about advertising of gambling sites, or bookmakers simply use only affiliates advertising on webs and nothing else..

askermaker, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  8. Iteration

Iteration Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bookmakers have affiliates adverting them all over the internet, they simply don't need to pay for advertising space on websites anymore.

What geographical locations does your traffic come from mainly? What analytics do you have data for? What search terms do people search for to find your website? How did you grow your website to these viewing figures?

Have you considered making a deal with another website owner who has a website similar in traffic numbers to your own, in the same area and to advertise eachothers websites and grow your viewer numbers bigger to the point that you get interest from companies who want to advertise on your site?

I don't know if there is an issue with posting your website address on this forum but if it is allowed I recommend you post it in this thread as you never know if some reader will give you a nugget of advice that will start generating revenue for you.

Iteration, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  9. askermaker

askermaker Peon

Best Answers:
    1) Sessions on my web in 2015 were following (I mention top 20 countries): UK (19% from all sessions), USA (7%), Austria (6%), Ireland (4%), Sweden (3%), Czech Rep. (3%), Italy (3%), Germany (3%), Belgium, India, Kenya (wtf), Poland, Netherlands, Norway, Turkey, Indonesia, Denmark, Hungary, Canada, Greece (all 2%).

2) Stats are from Webnode (my web works on their system) and Google analytics.

3) They usually come after searching "uefa ranking" or "fifa ranking" etc.

4) Sometimes I mention my web in relevant discussions. From time to time I also have big arrival thanks to articles in on-line newspapers (when they quote my web). That's why I have relatively big audience in Sweden or Czech Republic. In those countries I have been quoted by biggest sport newspapers in given countries (sometimes they quoted me on their own, sometimes I did some calculations for them).

5) I never had any deal with anybody (those who wanted were too small and I prefer making audience via discussions etc.).

I think readers now understand that I run web with football statistics, so those who are interested may write me :) Anyway, thank you for understanding that bookmakers don't buy advertising space anymore as they use affiliates :) It was real secret for me, why nobody has contacted me with any offer :)

askermaker, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  10. bigbrother1

bigbrother1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please send me the statistics from last month and your site link?
    Maybe i will buy some space on your site.

bigbrother1, Aug 1, 2016 IP