1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to delete business location from Google Maps

Discussion in 'Google+' started by Yiveo, Jan 18, 2016.

OK, so the business location's Google My Business Page was already updated and is permanently closed, but the problem is it still comes up on Google Maps, when the business has already moved. So all has been done correctly, it's just annoying that it still comes up, anyway to remove it.

Here's the help page, and there's nothing really there: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4578106?hl=en

Yiveo, Jan 18, 2016 IP
  2. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    GO to https://www.google.com/business/?ppsrc=GPDA2 and delete the business location and mark it as permanently closed on right side of dashboard of the location. If you have already deleted it then in google map put edit and suggest them as permanent closed or moved.

Anusha55, Jan 19, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. tonMor

tonMor Peon

Best Answers:
    What gets me is that you're unable to use your P.O box as your address.. I have a P.O box setup for my business as I work freelance from home. Although my address remains hidden and only states the city, I still would rather input my P.O box information. That goes with all of the business listing directories as they wont let you use a P.O box either..

tonMor, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Ummm, isn't it blindingly obvious why you can't use a PO Box. Your business isn't located at a PO Box. It's located somewhere physical. It might be fixed like most, but it might also be mobile. If your business is mobile, or you don't want people turning up on your doorstep then you just don't get a listing. Find another way to promote

sarahk, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  5. tonMor

tonMor Peon

Best Answers:
    No, you should be able to get a listing if you are operating a business of any type. Not every business is brick and mortar and not every business is "mobile". For example, if you run an e-Commerce storefront, according to you, that individuals business shouldn't exist as a business on google, certainly glad you are not on the implementation team at google.

tonMor, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's not what I said, this thread is about removing a business location. If your business has no "location" then why should you be listed.

When I look at this map segment I know that I can go to those businesses and, within reason, find someone to serve me, sell me goods etc. If you have no physical location where a customer can turn up to you don't belong on the map.

[​IMG]

If you have no location then you can still be listed in the search engine and have a Google+

sarahk, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  7. tonMor

tonMor Peon

Best Answers:
    I get what you're saying, but (there's always a but lol), take my previous example for instance, the e-commerce storefront, if, let's say, someone created an e-commerce storefront for their community, lets say for Boston (just an example), that business serves that area but only online, it's a business though and serves an area, but because it's a an e-commerce storefront (no physical store) one must register using their own personal address vice the P.O box associated with their actual business and their Federal Tax EIN. Lots of different types of online only businesses have to do this. While, you can do this, it makes more sense to allow businesses such as the one mentioned to register with their legal business mailing address. Either way you can register just fine and only show the city you serve as your address, but if let's say Google wanted to mail you something important I feel that it should go to where your business receives its mail instead of your household. It's really just a preference thing I suppose but I just don't understand why they don't allow it.

We've gotten way to far off topic and I apologize to the OP :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
    tonMor, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  8. Mike Inkster

Mike Inkster Member

Best Answers:
    Suggestion only.
    Use Mailbox Etc., or some other place and get a proper mail address.
    eg your/business
    suite 1111
    8765 93 avenue SE
    North Pole
    tyo 998
    The suite number will be you box number.

Mike Inkster, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  9. tonMor

tonMor Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah ha makes sense! I wish I would have thought of that before registering on all the business directories lol

tonMor, Jan 25, 2016 IP