1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

any issue if I clone website already been shutdown!!

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by jmishal, Jan 12, 2016.

Hi,
    Unfortunately one forum has been totally shutdown and they redirect to another site ((they change their business )).. so I've register another domain which almost very similar to that domain I also clone the design & logo ..etc from (source from archive.org) like china work:) to my site without any permission from that site, also do hard to make my webpage result in upper than him in google.

the question is : if the owner know that ,,he can he call Google customer support and complain me? and google can do something like block my adsense or shutdown my site.?

for me i don't see any issue for that since the guy no more need it .. and I've ruining that site more that 6 month

jmishal, Jan 12, 2016 IP
  2. Linda March

Linda March Peon

Best Answers:
    You better just modify the logo and some stuff of their website to be sure. But better try to modify it and make it your own, don't just copy it.

Linda March, Jan 12, 2016 IP
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's really better to create your own site and design.

danasurvey, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  4. macstux

macstux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried to contact the whois information from their new domain? I would first try at least to get a hold of them. I do not think you can get in trouble using their domain name if its not trademark. Though using their logo and design, that is a big copyright issue!

macstux, Jan 13, 2016 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  5. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if they complain to google, you might lose your adsense... depends how big the company is and if they are bothered

pmf123, Jan 16, 2016 IP
  6. mayracasillas

mayracasillas Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi.. Of-course google can block or ranking of your site may drop, so better you change the logo or tag-line and one more thing according to trademark law or you can say dépôt de marque law you cannot use the similar site for same product and services. It has to be unique. The best option is buy a domain or create your web-page uniquely at-least there won't be any tension of those legal things. You can visit to http://marques.expert/ for a brief idea.

mayracasillas, Jan 21, 2016 IP
  7. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    You'll not be able to create a brand if you'll just copy the whole idea.
    You can get inspired by the idea but you need to have your own identity.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  8. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Patricia said you need to create your own design and content because it will be bad for future business if you do not create your own brand, even if the forum is shutdown they could still have copyrights.

VerdinaNET, Jan 25, 2016 IP