1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to update my blog footer date

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Raphael Nweke, Jan 8, 2016.

?

Please, I need a solution

1. A code that will update the date.

100.0%
  2. A link to a tutorial that can help me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    I have being having a problem in updating the date in my blog footer since 2014. it seems that the footer is locked. I have tried everything within my ability to update it, but, no success. I really need help with a code that can change this. My blog is www.richmindhub.blogspot.com

Attached Files:

Raphael Nweke, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  2. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean that you don't have permission to edit your content?

gary

kk5st, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  3. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of crapware would prevent you from doing maintenance that virtually everyone has to do every year? If it won't let you change the year then why would you continue to use something that badly designed?

COBOLdinosaur, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  4. dragansk

dragansk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have access on the hosting where is published your web site? If yes contact me and I will help you to change it. It is very easy ;)

dragansk, Jan 9, 2016 IP
    bojan92 likes this.
  5. COBOLdinosaur

Best Answers:
    Anytime you have to ask for help for something this simple, it is NOT EASY, and the product with the problem is the worse kind of manure that should be allowed to exist because it just exploits the weak and gullible.

COBOLdinosaur, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's a blogspot (Google) blog - you don't really have direct access to the files, as far as I know. However, you should be able to edit the appropriate file (somewhere in the settings).

PoPSiCLe, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  7. bconcept

bconcept Member

Best Answers:
    If you wish to edit links in footer you should go to Html editor and not the Widget editor

bconcept, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  8. Raphael Nweke

Raphael Nweke Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is hosted by google free - a blogger..com blog. i have searched the html editor for 2014, but, can't find it. how do you help me?

Raphael Nweke, Jan 10, 2016 IP
  9. Raphael Nweke

Raphael Nweke Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    NO. just the date in the footer. How do I do that?

10. Raphael Nweke

Raphael Nweke Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yea. i have checked the template code, searched for 2014, but can't find it. which other setting?

11. dragansk

dragansk Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can following these steps:
    Step 1

Step 2
    Click the name of the blog where you want to modify your post footers. Click "Layout" on the left side of the screen to open the layout template for your blog.

Step 3
    Click "Edit" in the lower right corner of the Blog Posts area of the template to open a small configuration window.

Step 4
    Scroll down to the "Post Page Options" section of the configuration window. Blogger lists all of the available options for footers on your posts, some of which are the name of the poster, the time and date of the post, a list of comments, post labels and share buttons. Place a check mark next to the footers you want to have, and remove check marks from things you don't want to include.

Step 5
    Scroll to the Arrange Items section at the very bottom of the window. All your selections from the Post Page Options section appear here, organized in three rows. Click and drag each element to position it on any of the three rows, and in any order.

Step 6
    Click "Save" to close the window when you're done editing, and then click "Save arrangement" to save your changes to your blog.

If you have any problem contact me PM and I will try to to help you. It is easy to change it.

dragansk, Jan 11, 2016 IP
    bojan92 likes this.
  12. COBOLdinosaur

Best Answers:
    Six steps ?!? Don't you just love the "easy to use" free stuff? :eek:

COBOLdinosaur, Jan 12, 2016 IP
  13. ketting00

ketting00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, Blogger isn't a crapware. It's a data repository. I actively use three blogger blogs to keep my information alive and live as long as Google exists.

Your excellent, genius, marvelous hand-coding, no one use but you, web sites die when you died.

ketting00, Jan 12, 2016 IP
  14. paul_design87

paul_design87 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had searched in google, Found below source that would be helpful.
    Step 1

Sign in to your Blogger account and click the name of your blog to open the dashboard page.

Step 2
    Click "Settings" on the left sidebar, then click "Language and Formatting."

Step 3
    Click the "Timestamp Format" drop-down in the Formatting section and then select the date.

Step 4
    Click the "Save Settings" button and then click "Layout."

Step 5
    Click the "Edit" link in the lower-left corner of the Blog Posts section.

Step 6
    Click the check box next to the date in the Post Page Options section of the configuration window to deselect this option. This is to prevent the date from being displayed at both the top and the footer of the post.

Step 7
    Scroll down to the bottom of the configuration window and click the "Save" button to commit to the changes.

paul_design87, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  15. COBOLdinosaur

Best Answers:
    When I die, my company continues to exist and maintain. A company built with "CUSTOM CODE WRITTEN BY PROFESIONALS THAT WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN LONG TERM CONTRACTS FROM DEEP POCKET CLIENTS."

Thanks for letting us know that software that requires seven steps, and requires major help on support forums to do what should be a 3 second change is not crapware. I'm not sure what to call it if it is not crap ware, but I will probably think of something.

COBOLdinosaur, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  16. ketting00

ketting00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We live in different environments I guess.

I do exactly what you typed in capital, but for other people, not for myself. And I do win contracts with three of five US biggest tech firms at a time. (incredible, isn't it?)

In my opinion, just to keep interested data online, why are you willing to waste time that much. (designing layout waste most and no one master about it, not even a PSD artist)

I haven't had enough time to sleep properly currently. I would rely on others for something and I'm not going to waste my time and lost my jobs.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    ketting00, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  17. COBOLdinosaur

Best Answers:
    I don't have that problem. I have lots of time for sleep and leisure pastimes, because instead being chained to a compumputer trying to do maintenance; I only spend 10 seconds on changes that should take 10 seconds, because I invested the time to build my own objects, layout, themes and tools that expose everything that might need to be changed at some point.

I don't need shiny toys from some third party who has restricted me to what they think I should have. All I need is a text editor to do what I need without jumping through hoops; spending hours digging through code to find the source of problems; or having to post in tech forums to get a solution for simple fixes.

All of my developers use the same set of tools and framework. If something does not work smoothly then we extend the classes to do what we want. It is simply a matter of short-term or long-term planning. Hack away at third party stuff to get stuff done quickly and curse when it has to be maintained or upgraded; or take the time to build your own tools as you need them meaning you never get burned when support for something disappears; a new version has compatibility issues; or you run into restrictions that prevent easy changes.

I am glad you are successful, but over the long term you will average less revenue per hour of effort if you don't have 100% control of all the code you use.

COBOLdinosaur, Jan 16, 2016 IP
    kk5st likes this.