1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alternative to Bluehost VPS

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by FreeFun4Every1, Jan 7, 2016.

Hello Guys,
    Since last 2 years I am using Bluehost VPS but in last 2 days my experience is very bad. My all websites and emails are down since last 2 days and they had some major hardware failure there and still today also they can't give me ETA when it got fixed. So I decided to move on once I can access it. Can Anyone tell me better option.
    Till now I had found inmotionhosting is providing better service and good reviews overall. Please guys share your experience and tell me should inmotionhosting is better option or not?

Thank you

FreeFun4Every1, Jan 7, 2016 IP
  2. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think it would be similar to the bluehost. try to google "no single point failure cloud vps" it may point you to the high uptime vps providers

postcd, Jan 8, 2016 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  3. Benpick

Benpick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you have a hosting company in mind and you want to check their reputation then you can look for their reviews on e.g. trustpilot etc. And yes as what @postcd has mentioned you may want to consider a cloud VPS where there is no single point of failure as your data will be hosted on different several servers.

Benpick, Jan 8, 2016 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  4. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't know what your price range, but WiredTree is among the best managed VPS hosts out there. These guys have a dedication to service and support that is rare these days.

SlimCharles47, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  5. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    We can help you out. We also offer free migration, r1soft backups and more.

CenTex Hosting, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  6. Daniel Myers

Daniel Myers Peon

Best Answers:
    If your hosting company is that bad I would look for a new one. You want to stick with a VPS hosting company there is plenty of them out there to choose from.

Daniel Myers, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  7. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WiredTree and Knownhost are the best in business. I have been using a Knownhost managed server for nearly 5 years and I don't think I have made more than 2 support ticket per year. None of these were for server downs.

bluearrow, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  8. ioZoom

ioZoom Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of options in the VPS market. If you're going to make the move make sure you get on a server with SSD for better performance and some sort of Raid for redundancy in addition to dedicated RAM. I believe inmotion is burstable RAM meaning you are sharing the RAM with other people and only available when you need it. Don't regret your move 2 months down the road wishing you were on SSD as that is where the market is at.

ioZoom, Feb 1, 2016 IP