1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for GOOD directories

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by f13productions, Dec 15, 2015.

I'm looking to compile a list of about 50 free GOOD general directories for two websites of mine (chat room site and weight loss blog). By GOOD I mean established - age, having a pagerank 1+ wouldnt hurt, and manually adds websites to their directories as opposed to auto accepts. Looking to give me sites a slight boost in back links (along with other means of link building of course!) Thank you all :)

f13productions, Dec 15, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Do you have a form for people to submit their suggestions?

sarahk, Dec 15, 2015 IP
  3. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt there are still good (free) directories site, unless if you are willing to pay to get listed.
    Anyway, I don't think getting listed on online directories is still a good strategy.
    If you have a blog site, I suggest that you join blog communities relevant to yours; in that way you will be able to get your site linked to something relevant to your niche.

Patricia Ann Lee, Dec 15, 2015 IP
  4. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Apart from DMOZ, I do not know of any GOOD free directories that I would risk submitting my sites to. The risk of an unnatural link penalty and penguin dinging is to high.

Agent000, Dec 15, 2015 IP
    seoaceindia likes this.
  5. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    currently registering in directory is very risky thing so keep distance from directory.

seoaceindia, Dec 15, 2015 IP
  6. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can find them yourself:

1. Get a list of directories.
    2. Open a web browser and check whether the directory is being updated or not.
    3. Clean your list, erasing those which are not being updated.
    4. Once you have got your list through that first filter, open another web browser window and type www.google.com.
    5. On the Google search bar type: site:example.com
    6. Remove from the list those directories which are not indexed by the search engine, as those links will never be crawled or count for you.
    7. Once you have got your list through that second filter, you can start submitting.

Tedel, Jan 5, 2016 IP
    Aaron111 likes this.
  7. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    are an seo sir???

Aaron111, Jan 16, 2016 IP
  8. steveb

steveb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Typically, paid vs not paid, is what separates good directories from the bad ones. There are a handful of good directories that do not charge for listings (like dmoz), but those are rare.

steveb, Jan 18, 2016 IP