1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review My Car and Motorcycle Site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Enis Çınar, Dec 28, 2015.

Help me! Please give me your valuable suggestions for getting traffic. Thanks
    This is my site: http://atthecar.com/

Enis Çınar, Dec 28, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    love the layout, love the use of images, love that you went on a road trip to get content.

I'd like to see the css from one of the plugins (perhaps) moved off the page and into a cached file. It's not hard to do, the author was just cutting corners.

can't believe what people spend their money on, but that's cool, to each his own :)

upload_2015-12-29_17-37-46.png

sarahk, Dec 28, 2015 IP
  3. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    cLogik, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  4. KangBroke

KangBroke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This guy is clueless.

Your choice of a theme on themeforest does not mean that your websites reviews are the same as those left to the developer of the theme. That is rather dumb to even say to the OP.

@sarahk Isn't that a bit harsh tho, he has 1 post. The guy may be just getting his feet wet. What about those who drive a used car? Do we say that we cannot believe some actually buy used cars? Na, some people just get what they can afford. They are not the best built car but they are affordable and easy to come by. This appears to me like a guy just learning and trying to figure it all out.

My personal review on this is that your website was built using a theme from themeforest so that in itself isn't the best idea if you want to ask for reviews because people like cLogik never buy anything because they are so good at code and design that they never need to hire.

As far as your website is concerned for getting traffic, that is a long hard road. Your website needs to be updated regularly so that the spiders notice your active. Also you need to establish backlinks with credible, heavy weighted websites. Then if you have good backlinks and are using unique updated content than the traffic will show up. Also these days social media helps a ton! Register an Instagram and Facebook Page for this project and use hash tags and link back to your website.

KangBroke, Jan 3, 2016 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You got me wrong, and I hope the OP didn't.

I drive a used car, can't see the point of buying new when the jap imports are so good and so cheap. My bikes probably cost more (combined) than my car - and my dress shoes probably cost less (combined) than a single pair of my trail or running shoes. We all have differing priorities.

My comment about not believing what people spent their money on referred to the image I included of the car that bounces the front up and down. I'm sure there's a technical term but as a non-petrolhead I don't see the point. The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same way.

I did mention that I was impressed that @Enis Çınar was writing his own content from his own experiences. We get so many people who just regurgitate mainstream stories that it was refreshing to see someone blogging properly.

sarahk, Jan 3, 2016 IP
    KangBroke likes this.
  6. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, they do. When all you do is buy a theme from themeforest and set it up on your website with absolutely no modifications, then you can just as well follow the reviews for the theme itself. No need to ask for reviews on your specific website, after all, they are identical, except for the content.

All in all, based on the OP's question, then this isn't even posted in the correct forum.

@KangBroke it's just flattering that you've chosen to stalk me. At least your doing something right for once.

cLogik, Jan 4, 2016 IP
  7. KangBroke

KangBroke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It actually makes sense to ask for reviews because someone can buy a theme for sports and build the content around kids toys. So they may want to know if whatever they did works well together. Also the reviews on a website such as that reflect the sellers communication and willingness to help solve any issues which arise with the purchased theme. So how you can say that those Seller reviews are in any way the same as if the style goes well with the overall purpose of the website?

@cLogik Correcting the horrible advice you give here on DP and pointing out your mistakes do not make me a stalker. Trying to google someone to make posts about them on a forum is more like stalking, you kinda already knew that though. Just because I am active on DP and your actively giving me things to correct by no means makes me a stalker. Outside of DP you don't exist to me, honestly here you don't either.

KangBroke, Jan 4, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.