1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Honest Comments About Wealthy Affiliate...

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by ozim400, Nov 14, 2006.

1. najathul

najathul Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like it must have been a scam site,,please becarefully

najathul, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  2. darrenrm

darrenrm Peon

Best Answers:
    And what is your evidence for this assertion?

darrenrm, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  3. bothewebguy

bothewebguy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its been around for years - they have a free option that privides a lot of training and information..if you do upgrade, you get free website hosting

bothewebguy, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  4. Everette

Everette Peon

Best Answers:
    Hows it going? Could use all the help I can get.Tell me more .Im new to Digitalpoint but you can PM me with more info.I certainly thank you.

Everette, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  5. StephanieKay

StephanieKay Peon

Best Answers:
    Old post, but I figure it's never too late to respond...

I've actually been a member of Wealthy Affiliate for quite some time and I'm very happy with the results. I've tried numerous - and I do mean numerous - different money-making websites and this one is the only one I've actually really gained from - there's a ton of info, real, friendly people who want you to succeed and much more. It's actually (like) a internet marketing university and community rolled into one.

I have a full review that you can read if you are interested at www.financiallyfreestudents.com

Cheers!

StephanieKay, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  6. Simextrades

Simextrades Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First I would look for reviews, and then I would just try it. I think that with anytime you are making a decision on what to market your main concern should be:

Does it appeal to the majority ?
    does it have good conversions?
    and Are their similar or better products on the marketplace?

Good Luck!

Simextrades, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  7. Seth Kaufman

Seth Kaufman Greenhorn

Best Answers:

I am actually an active member of Wealthy Affiliate for nearly one year now, and have been involved with them since around 2010. They are definitely a rock solid foundation for learning internet marketing. They don't try to sell you anything. I've seen a lot of complaining about Wealthy Affiliate, however, so I figured I'd send you my reponse to the complaints in advance and give you a chance to learn more :)

If you need mentorship also, reach out!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    Seth Kaufman, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  8. Jsfenogl

Jsfenogl Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all I'd like to say sorry to bump this old thread but it's still a discussion and relative since I just heard about this site today. Also I'm not a premium member yet of this website but of reading and listening to their 1 through 10 introduction videos I've began to like what I've seen. I've noticed a lot of people on this forum are praising this website and have noticed that most of the premium members of the site on this form are only trying to sell memberships to Wealthy Affiliate. but in their introduction videos they clearly state that they push their members into finding their own niche to choose, an affiliate advertising( products off of Amazon) through their websites and yet I mostly see members doing the opposite and sticking with the cliche niche of selling Wealthy Affiliate memberships. They tell you in the introduction videos this is only resort for people that cannot figure out their own niches, I just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm sure you get paid more for selling the memberships, but I think the chances of selling memberships are less likely because of the abundance of people trying to sell them. If I wanted to join a company to recruit members into the company rather then the product I'd join mca.

Personally I'm unsure if I will join up for premium membership as I still need to do some more in-depth research. As of now this company seems pretty legit though I have been tricked before....

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Jsfenogl, Dec 5, 2015 IP
  9. sitara662

sitara662 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am currently a member of Wealthy Affiliate. To be honest, it is a good product that only includes great training and legitimate business practices. One thing I seriously missed in the training is a guideline about backlinks.

I think this is very important to grow your business and give you early results but Wealthy Affiliate takes a longer route for your success because they will not give you any guideline about building backlinks.

sitara662, Jan 4, 2016 IP
  10. LA17

LA17 Peon

Best Answers:
    When I wanted to join Wealthy Affiliate and I was looking for the reviews on the net, I found just positive reviews and now I know why. They are all reviews from affiliates of Wealthy Affiliates. Paid reviews. Fake reviews. The site creators earn their money for promoting Wealthy Affiliates.

So I'm here to add the NEGATIVE review about them.
    But first of all, what is positive is that they gather all the information about the site in one place and they teach you how to join the affiliate market. But don't be so happy yet. They are hiding quite important details from you. Those details which can enable your site to become really successful and you - to become independent and not to use their services anymore after the training is done. They want you to rely on them completely.
    They encourage you to take part in absolutely unnecessary talks with other members. And new members are quite happy to do it. I was wondering why I need to waste my time and take part in that stupid rankings system, etc, maybe I will get a discount for some of their services? No.. The more time you waste in shitty discussions - the more time you spend on their site and it improves the google ranking of their site. Nothing connected with you really.
    Most probably you will never get answers for some important questions about the site issues. They will either send you a kind of automatic answer or will reply with something irrelevant. I wanted to introduce scroll plug in to my menu and neither the site support nor Kyle were able to help me with that simple request. I did it myself after a fair bit of research on the net.

When you are subscriber, all is good and well, the most interesting starts when you DON'T prolong your membership. BE very careful there as they don't warn you about it.
    1) You lose the access to your site completely if you are a newbie as they don't explain you how to log in to WordPress separately. I was able to avoid that as I logged in to Wordpress directly several times, not from their site, but I had to restore my password as I didn't save it.
    2) You lose access to your old e-mails.
    3) You lose access to your profile and you can't even delete it yourself!
    4) Then you lose access to your domain without any prior warning and all the site content becomes automatically locked.
    It looks like a blackmail really. OK, I can understand they restrict your access to video trainings, key words search and all the functions they can earn money with, but not to your profile which you can't even delete!
    Then the interesting part starts when you want to relocate your siterubix domain to another domain. Be aware that your site with siterubix domain will never go to the first pages of google just as any free domain.
    When you get your new hosting plan and start the relocation process, you discover that you can't do it automatically. You will have to do it manually and I'm sure it was meant this way by them to make you hooked to them permanently.
    My conclusion is - you can go with them for one year to get some knowledge, but there is no any sense in paying them your second or third year.
    If you decide to stop using their services, my advice is:
    1. Know how to log in to WordPress admin panel directly, not through Wealthy Affiliates and memorize your password.
    2. If you have any valuable contacts there, ask about their direct e-mail addresses.
    3. Make all the preparations for the site relocation to a new domain at least a month before your membership expires. Make backups. Buy a new domain and pay for the hosting in a different place. Relocate your site quickly and make the redirection from your old site to your new site. If you are not quick, WA will close the access to your site and admin page and you will lose all your data.
    And if you lose your access to the old site and start adding the same content to a new site, google will consider it a mirror site and will give it low rankings.
    4. Add all the tags by yourself to each page and post, do not rely on their SEO.
    Now I'm out of WA's claws, I paid for the new domain and hosting (2 year term) twice less than for 1 year with them.

LA17, Jan 11, 2018 IP
  11. planck

planck Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Full disclaimer: I am not a member of wealthyaffiliate but I am active in a forum with wealthyaffiliate members. The guys are quite happy with the platform.

planck, Feb 22, 2018 IP
  12. Giles Ensor

Giles Ensor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My problem with WA is that their main method of drumming up traffic is to get people to set up 'make money online' sites, and then promote WA.

In other words, Once someone has set up a site, they write 'reviews' of other products which always end up with the product being crap.

Then the final paragraph will always be something like, "If you want to see what my #1 recommendation is for making money online, click this link," which is always a link to the WA sign up page.

Is that bad marketing? I don't know. But it seems that to slag off another product as a means to sell your own product is a bit scammy.

I even saw an 'review' article about Affilorama done in that way lol.

Giles Ensor, Jul 19, 2018 IP
  13. planck

planck Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wealthy affiliate does not use any marketing tactics which other IM do not use.
    They have standard industry practices.

BTW: Wealthy affiliate is mainly for noobs, still trying to figure things out.
    There's no information on wealthy affiliate that you can't get for free online.

planck, Jul 19, 2018 IP