1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to verify .wordpress.com in webmaster

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Anusha55, Jan 1, 2016.

How Can I verify my anusha.wordpress.com website in search console or Google webmaster?
    Is there way to claim my website?

Solved! View solution.
    Anusha55, Jan 1, 2016 IP
  2. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should prove Google that you are the proprietor of the website you claim in order to use free service by Google for your website,. Google verify ownership of a website using three methods i.e Meta tag, Upload an HTML file, DNS Verification. Once your site is verified, you can use Google Webmaster Tools to do all sorts of diagnostics on your site.

mohsin qureshi, Jan 2, 2016 IP
  3. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    IN .wordpress website not the website with wordpress software. Where we can code and use the Meta tag in the theme so it can be verfied or other method mentioned.

Anusha55, Jan 2, 2016 IP
  4. Jitender Sharma

Jitender Sharma Member

Best Answers:
    it's very easy go to youtube and put your question. you can see live.

Jitender Sharma, Jan 3, 2016 IP
  5. wwstewart

wwstewart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should have a bit of code that you can copy/paste into your template's header, then go into webmaster tools and use the verification.

Since it's hosted on WordPress.com, I'm not 100% whether that will work or not, but it should.

If you have more specific questions, I can probably help you with them. Just let me know. PM or reply, either way. :D

wwstewart, Jan 3, 2016 IP
  6. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is one of the many reason why people who are serious about blogging should not select wordpress . com as a blogging service.

Even though WordPress as software by itself is the best choice as long as you install it on your own in any free or paid hosting service away from WP domain.

Now about your question, due to Wordpress imposing too much limitations, including the fact that you shouldn't monetize with your blog if hosted on wordpress . com, you may try to install a plugin that allow you to embed into your theme the meta tag that Google provides.

This is one of those plugins, https://wordpress.org/plugins/header-and-footer-scripts/

Again, not sure if a free hosted forum is allowed to install this or similar plugins.

Mystique, Jan 3, 2016 IP
    wwstewart likes this.
  7. wwstewart

Best Answers:
    I started on on WordPress.com. I can vouch for Mystique on this...they don't like people monetizing their site (although I used to do it all of the time...long story...it's why I don't use their hosted sites anymore).

Self-hosted is definitely the way to go, but that plugin should help.

wwstewart, Jan 3, 2016 IP
  8. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a way to ans the question. IF i would have found it than why I waste my time posting the thread.

There is no option of coding with free .wordpress.com domain I know the software which wordpress provides but with thier domain which is free they do not give flexiblity to code.

They are not giving option to install the plugins so I can't install the plugin which you suggested to me.
    I got the following "
    Want to add a store to your site?
    Support for Shopify, Ecwid, and Gumroad is now available for WordPress.com Business.
    "
    You are right that we used the self hosted wordpress site which i have but for seo purpose I am using the .wordpress website also.
    About ad since they are investing money and time with blogs we started they showing thier own ads and not allow people to earn free.

Anusha55, Jan 4, 2016 IP
    wwstewart likes this.
  9. wwstewart

Best Answers:
    Right. They don't allow you to edit WordPress itself...unless they've changed it, they did used to allow you to edit the themes to an extent. And there are probably some plugins that could help with this. Honestly, it's been a while since I've used WordPress.com for anything, so I could be wrong.

wwstewart, Jan 4, 2016 IP
  10. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may put the Meta verification tag in the header of your site. Just click edit option under the appearance menu and edit the header page and put the tag before the closing of head tag (</head>) Hope this will help you :)

iwebsocial, Jan 5, 2016 IP
    wwstewart likes this.
  11. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah you are right!

You seems that you are talking about software that Wordpress provide and not the free domain and hosting they are giving.

Anusha55, Jan 5, 2016 IP
    Here is the solution for your problem
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/webmaster-tools/

drues1986, Jan 5, 2016 IP
    Anusha55 likes this.
  13. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anusha55, Jan 6, 2016 IP
  14. lister sarker

lister sarker Member

Best Answers:
    are you using Yoast SEO?
    If use, then simply go "Yoast SEO --> General Setting --> webmaster tools -->google search console: here put the webmaster code" then go webmaster tools and verify your site.

If not use, you can install the plugin "Yoast SEO" then go "Yoast SEO --> General Setting --> webmaster tools -->google search console: here put the webmaster code" then go webmaster tools and verify your site.

I think in this process you can solve your problem.

lister sarker, Jan 6, 2016 IP
  15. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey it's free domain not custom domain with self hosted. I have .wordpress.com blog and not self hosted wordpress.
    Anyway thanks to drues I got the wp admin link and there i can verify them easily

Anusha55, Jan 6, 2016 IP
  16. drues1986

drues1986 Active Member

Best Answers:
    sorry i not gave a full answer here is the wordpress admin link anusha.wordpress.com/wp-admin then you open a dashboard, click on available tool and then you can find a option to insert webmaster code.

drues1986, Jan 7, 2016 IP
    Anusha55 likes this.
  17. Auraiya ITS

Auraiya ITS Member

Best Answers:
    No you can't verify it, only blogger & Tumblr have this facility.

Auraiya ITS, Jan 7, 2016 IP
  18. drues1986

drues1986 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you don't know about the verification it not mean that you can't verify that.

drues1986, Jan 7, 2016 IP
  19. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link.
    I was fool searching the other way but one thing click in my mind about the way we open in WordPress software, same way to try the admin and it works well for me. I have not posted it since I was enjoying the festival time.
    Thanks for you help!
    I did it and you too can verify the same.

Anusha55, Jan 17, 2016 IP