1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Running a download website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jackf1113, Dec 27, 2015.

Hi,

I'm creating a website which is intended to be a download center for free pc software/mobile apps/ebooks/movies/mp3/...

Need to know your opinion on how much is the potential for this kind of website in the market?
    Is it going to be attractive for visitors? What's your estimate?

The income will be mostly from different types of ads.

Thanks

jackf1113, Dec 27, 2015 IP
  2. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jump on over to the Google Keyword Planner through your adwords account (just type in "google keyword planner" into google" and you can search for the demand based on all sorts of demographics. You will get the number of searches estimated for each month based on the last 12 months of activity. I believe I have that correct.

All based around supply and demand

You can also use something like Google Trends to see what is trending in your market/niche and you can get an idea over time on certain trends that have a chance to come up and you can step in front of them. Sounds like you have a broad range of topics to cover.

EPol83, Dec 27, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Read up on "Kim DotCom" and how much money he's spending in his fight to avoid extradition to the USA on intellectual property charges.

If you think you are smarter and better resourced than him, then go right ahead. If not, then think very, very carefully and plan how you are going to get around the legal issues.

sarahk, Dec 27, 2015 IP
  4. SEMWORLD2015

SEMWORLD2015 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually, If we think about the best ranking website in the global market then we must see maximum are technology based site. So I prefer you that you got a better steps. Only now you have to go ahead. It would better if included here few things like soft. mobile, and movie. Then it'll easy for you to increase it's ranking. Your business is with necessary products so you needed more active traffics. For these, better SEO, current communication, Social media sites will be helpful for you. If you are agreed to spend few $ then it would easy for you because then you could hire a experienced person for your task. What about your targeted income from these site?

SEMWORLD2015, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  5. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of issues you need to address off when come to free download of software, mp3, videos, or games. That are seriously violating the copyright owner rights, and there have been many cases the offender being charge on court. For the small profit, the risk to take it too huge. Not advisable to follow this path.

charlesgan, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  6. yourwealth

yourwealth Active Member

Best Answers:
    so if there are legal issues how sites like softpedia running free software download site?
    I am also interested in doing this but don't know what wordpress or joomla plugin to use

yourwealth, Jan 1, 2016 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    upload_2016-1-2_14-38-42.png

Sites like softpedia let the software publisher submit their software - kind of like a giant directory. The difference is that the contents are designed for free distribution. The OP hasn't come back to this discussion but I seriously doubt he's going to find many music and movie publishers looking for free distribution. They will release freebies but they do it through their inhouse distribution channels.

sarahk, Jan 1, 2016 IP