1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lawsuit against google... my case begin

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by charlesgan, Dec 31, 2015.

HI guys, just to let you guys know about... i have finally decided to get legal advice and going to file for lawsuit against google inc. It would be better i can choose to use class action lawsuit and it is more effective. I have contact legal firm(s) and forwarded my case to them, and waiting for their review into my case.

Its a long journey for me, and over 9 years as a webmaster...
    And all the sudden, google choose to penalized all my domains, and refused to provide solution or even answer. There is no concrete evident to penalized by domains, and they don't even provide clear solution for that. This is when thing get nasty and they keep ignoring for 30 days, and i have no choice but to take legal advice and proceed with this channel.

All i hope for here is some best wishes from fellow webmasters.
    This will be a tough journey for me, and i belief there are lots other webmasters are suffering the same fate. Be strong and keep on fighting, google is not the big boss and the can't keep pointing finger and blame people for things that they don't even commit. Webmaster is human and have the right to publish content via their own website and get listing in search engines. Simple as that! And i am fighting for my rights and everyone rights!

If you thinking to support me, please post in this thread and make it long enough.

charlesgan, Dec 31, 2015 IP
    th.sigit, billzo and wisdomtool like this.
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    This is a giant company, the goings will be tough, best of luck!

wisdomtool, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  3. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    if google had a mistake in your case they must give you solution. all the best.

seoaceindia, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  4. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You certainly have my best wishes. Google ranks then buries all my sites in the rankings then sends me emails trying to get me to pay for advertising to replace the traffic that I lost when they buried me beneath irrelevant results.

I don't know how successful a lawsuit would be. One course of action would be to write letters to the United States federal legislators and possibly do the same in whatever country you are in. There is no doubt in my mind that Google is crooked and manipulates the rankings to drive sales of advertising. For what other reason could a website rank #1 one day then drop to beneath #500 within hours? None. If you rank high, you don't need to pay Google. If you are buried in the SERPS, then you have no choice but to pay Google for traffic. It's a crooked game Google has been getting away with for over 10 years now.

billzo, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This will be an epic fail.
    Google had no contractual obligation to you.

Agent000, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  6. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They have so much terms that you accepted by typing google in your browser that the court will need to read for months. Am not sure that someone will get rich by google in court. Good luck anyway.

Zoti Media Group, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  7. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, like they're going to take any notice of you, I hope you've got millions of $$$$'s to waste you're gonna need it.

malky66, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  8. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He would not need a penny if he can find a lawyer willing to work on contingency.

billzo, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  9. Agent000

Best Answers:
    He won't. No lawyer will take this case on as it is really simple: Google has no contractual relationship, either explicit or implied to any webmaster when it comes to their search results. There is no case.

Go back and look at all the hot air blown about suing google and class actions over the organic search results over the last 10yrs. There is a reason that not one of them got off the ground.

10. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not saying he would win the lawsuit. That's why in my first post I suggested a letter to lawmakers (some of whom have brought up this manipulating search results theory before). And no, Google does not owe anything to any webmaster; however, if they are manipulating search results to drive advertising revenue, then that should be disclosed to everyone using the search engine. And it may be illegal under laws of various nations.

Does a quality search engine rank something high one day and bury it beneath irrelevant results the next day? For what possible reason would that occur if there were no changes in content, no black hat, or no other "rule" violations? And webmasters run around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to figure out why their website dropped and how to fix it when the fact is that Google tanked it in the SERPs because then the webmaster will have to pay for advertising.

My own personal experience is that with every site I created, Google ranked it well for a period and then buried in the rankings where nobody would ever find it--far beneath irrelevant results. Then a week or two later Google sends me an email (as I always sign up for Webmaster Tools and Google has my email) trying to get me to pay for advertising.

Do you think that's a coincidence that Google solicits advertising revenue right after it buries my sites in the SERPs?

And if a greedy lawyer smells money, the greedy lawyer will take the case. Why? Because it would be cheaper for Google to settle than to fight it in court even if it wins (as U.S. companies cannot make the loser pay attorney fees). That's why most lawsuits settle out of court, even the most frivolous lawsuits.

billzo, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  11. Agent000

Best Answers:
    My experience with my sites is the opposite.

12. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations. I guess all of the thousands of webmasters who share a similar experience of their sites being tanked for no reason (including me) are all making it up?

billzo, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  13. Agent000

Best Answers:
    I have not seen 1000's of webmasters share that experience. I have seen the tin foil hat wearing brigade claim that.

At the end of the day, all new content gets an initial boost in the rankings when Google first finds it --> it then drops to its natural ranking after that initial boost.
    Google regularly sends out emails re adwords and advertising. I get them all the time.
    If you get one of those emails after a site has lost that initial boost, its probbaly more likely a random coincidence than deliberate, so I do not believe you.

If you really do beleive this is the case, then take action against Google. Prove it. If you are right, then this is a big story and you should do well from it.

14. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well congratulations again for being the only sane webmaster in the entire world. Read up:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=google+dropped+site+site:google.com+-site:feedproxy.google.com

And more:

http://recode.net/2015/06/29/yelp-teams-with-legal-star-tim-wu-to-trounce-google-in-new-study/

"Google knowingly manipulates search results according to a research paper published Monday from several academics. The study presents evidence that the search giant sets out to hamper competitors and limit consumers’ options. The paper lands as Google prepares to release its response to the European Union investigation, which rests on similar claims about Google’s comparison-shopping product."

You should invest in tin foil.

billzo, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  15. Agent000

Best Answers:
    None of which have anything to do with the topic of this thread and the claims that you made. Suggest you go back and read them again. They related to properties in which Google has a competing interest in.

16. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    He's got more chance of finding Elvis living on the moon.

malky66, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  17. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And Google has a competing interest in driving revenue through its advertising program most of all as that is where the vast majority of its revenue comes from. The article was to show you that it is not a few "tinfoil hat" wearers making claims of Google manipulating its SERPs for its own benefit, nothing more. If you want to see plenty of webmasters complaining about about Google burying their sites for no reason, see the other link I provided. You can also find a few of those "google buried my site for no reason" horror stories here on DigitalPoint. And I am one.

More chance of finding Elvis on the moon than finding a greedy pig lawyer? No way. :)

billzo, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  18. Agent000

Best Answers:
    You made a specific claim. I called you on that. None of those links back the specific claim that you were making.
    There is only room for 10 sites on page one. Should every one who is not on page one be able to sue Google? That is the logical extension of what you are saying.

19. njfail

njfail Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are testing periods for your SERP.
    Google will determine a range for your SERP based on several factors, and give you a SERP on the high end of that range, and after a period of time, based on organic results from users like CTR, bounce rate, time of visit, etc. Google will adjust your SERP.

Yes they use a lot of other factors like backlinks, context, etc. But if they notice things like an above average bounce rate from organic traffic, they'll adjust your SERP accordingly.

Just one of the ways Google determines the quality of your website.
    They aren't obligated to disclose the inner workings of their algorithms.
    For most webmasters, this is a pretty great policy that gives your site the benefit of the doubt when you make big changes, and the opportunity to rank above lower quality sites that might have other factors that give them a high SERP.

njfail, Dec 31, 2015 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  20. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck mate, you gonna need it. Keep us updated.

Webcenter, Jan 1, 2016 IP