1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can code affect search results

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by web_junkie, Dec 29, 2015.

I have a site that I am optimizing. I have done this before and usually by this stage the site comes up on the serps . However with this one, it does not appear anywhere for the keywords that I am optimizing it for. It has the keywords in the url as well as all the other primary tags. It even has a few bakclinks with keyword anchors. I am thinking could be the code? .....Can someone please give me some tips on what it could be. I will pm the url if someone else interested in helping me.

Thanks

web_junkie, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Post the url as an image and let us take the look.

If the site is w3c compliant and has no obvious errors or speed problems the we probably do need to see it.

sarahk, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @web_junkie sent me the site

whew, that's some niche to chase. The regulatory authorities will always have an advantage and no doubt there are some good aged domains in there too.

The inner pages are really slow to load - 10s is way too long, and I'd like to see some real info in the about us page - something that lends you credibility in that field.

upload_2015-12-31_8-57-48.png

sarahk, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  4. web_junkie

web_junkie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. Lol yeah it is a nice industry(legal marijuana). However, I dont see this reason why it should not come up in the serps for the same keyword as the domain, not even in the first 100. The loading issue you think is because of the theme/ plugins or host?....any other reason or tip that I can look into?.....it could be also of reaping content, since I outsource the articles and I dont know if they copy from somewhere. know any tool that is reliable on checking this kind of issue?....Thanks again for the help........

web_junkie, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  5. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this might sound like google sandbox in first.

Since your site is about marijuana, that is when you ticked the thing to worry section. Check with Bing.com as well, if your site appear in bing and not in google, you are likely i trouble.
    From experience, it tell me the site will appear sooner in google compare to bing. Unless there is some violation to google webmaster guideline and there is penalty took place. Check on your google webmaster account, and see the manual action section if any message inside.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769?hl=en

Google product forum as https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/en
    *those people are very busy and not easy to get in conversation, be prepared

charlesgan, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  6. web_junkie

web_junkie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the respond. I cheeked the manual section and nothing appears. If you are breaking any rules this is where it appears or you can still be penalize and still would not know it?.....I will check the guidelines anyways and optimize it accordingly. thanks again.

Thanks

web_junkie, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  7. web_junkie

web_junkie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I took some plug ins out so that the site loads better. However, there is still something wrong, since is not appearing on the serps. Could someone diagnose to see what is wrong with the site? I am willing to pay someone to help me with this. Please Pm if interested. thanks

web_junkie, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  8. Tahity

Tahity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    whats the site url that you are trying to fix anyways ?

Tahity, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol, don't blame the cms for that one. Look at your theme and your content and be patient.

sarahk, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  10. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You can check pages in Copyscape for duplicate content. Was the domain name used in the past? It is possible there could be a penalty.

But if there's a 10 second load time, that's obviously a problem. I know your target audience are stoners, and that gives them a chance to smoke some more weed, but damn you're pushing your luck.

dcristo, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  11. web_junkie

web_junkie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I checked on copyspace, The only duplicated content is the syndicated content I have, which I dont think is an issue. I also check the loading time here https://developers.google.com/speed/ , great tool by the way. The domain has not been used before..........everything seems ok. It could be maybe some of the back links are from a bad IP or something, I guess I will wait for a little longer, maybe it will crawl up. Thanks for the replies.

web_junkie, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  12. web_junkie

web_junkie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi again, I think my site was hacked and has some malware now. Can anyone recommend a good protection software and aforable

web_junkie, Jan 20, 2016 IP