1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any experience with Dhgate.com?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brian_Corrigan, May 9, 2007.

1. alex_p

alex_p Peon

Best Answers:
    You got a ton of responses. They are all garbage.

Here is how you dropship for real.

1. Research a niche. If there is competition this is good. It means there is a demand. Try not to sell in a flooded market. Meaning if you search for a product there's not more than 10 competitors in google PLA listings.
    2. Then get a resellers license. Available from local gov. Tax id for free from feds.
    3. Now look online at all your competitors. Call the company's they supply and find out if you can sell for them, via drop shipping.
    Boooyaaaahhhhh!

Later Dude

alex_p, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  2. Jessicalum

Jessicalum Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people is saying that is a lot of scam, but if you use common sense and you do research you should be fine. Also DHgate support is quite nice, so you should not have a lot of problems with it. You can also use Alibaba or dx

Jessicalum, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  3. ktit

ktit Peon

Best Answers:
    I ordered two dresses from this company. Both dresses had many pictures on the DH Gate website, so I could see how it was supposed to look like. But when I received the items, they looked completely different: neither color, nor style, nor fabric texture where identical with what was pictured. The fabric as well as the style were so bad that I cannot wear these dresses.

I contacted both of the sellers as well as DH Gate for a refund. Both sellers refused to issue a refund though. When this happens, DH Gate steps into what they call "arbitration". They decided to give me a partial refund on one of the dresses and turned down the refund for the second dress completely.

I paid more than $200 for dresses that I can never wear.

ktit, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  4. seo.143

seo.143 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using dhgate since 3 years.Excellent service

seo.143, Dec 26, 2015 IP
  5. lstanley25

lstanley25 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a seller on DHGate called honeywedding. DO NOT purchase from this seller. I ordered a wedding dress from this seller. I got it, I loved it. I ordered it early as a precaution. Thank God I did. I went to pull the dress out of the closet and it had yellow stains all over it. On the appliques, on the back. The dress was defective. Most likely a cheap fabric was used that discolored. I took great care of this dress. It was stored in a garment protective bag. It was in a clean and dry closet that is not subject to temperature fluctuations. The dress is ruined. My wedding is in June and I had to buy a new dress. I contacted the seller and they told me that the stains were probably my fault and that I probably didn't take care of it. I then contacted DHGate. This site is completely geared toward SELLER PROTECTION not BUYER PROTECTION like that would try to have you believe. They told me that they couldn't do anything. That my order was closed and that the money had been released to the seller. All that I could do was come to an agreement with the seller, (which obviously isn't going to happen). I sent them the screenshot of what the seller said to me. They said that because we hadn't reached an agreement, they couldn't open a case. What is the point of opening a case if you have an agreement with the seller?! You need a case when you can't reach an agreement. I told them that if I couldn't get my money back, could I at least alter my review. They told me no. They said that only the seller could allow me to alter my review. How is ANY of this protecting the buyer? So, now I'm out the money for 2 wedding dresses. The one that they sent me that is cheap and defective and the new one that I had to purchase from a real and reputable business to replace it. DO NOT order form here. No one will help you. You will lose your money, you will receive a crappy product, and you will be told that there is nothing you can do. This site and seller are a complete and total scam. Period.

lstanley25, May 1, 2016 IP
  6. Mr.John90

Mr.John90 Member

Best Answers:
    DHGate is good and almost all verified seller are great. You just need to choose the lowest price with the shipping method you prefer. I personally like aliexpress.com for single or few products and wholesale.alibaba.com for wholesale products. All sellers I have dealt with were great and responsive. I will suggest you to deal through the alibaba or dhgate website because in this way you will have assurance that you will receive your products on time and with good quality. If not, you can dispute and can get full or partial refund.

Once one of my order from dhgate was not received (seller sent the order but it was lost somewhere) and I was able to dispute the case and I received refund for my transaction.

If you work directly with sellers for small orders then you will have to face late deliveries because sellers will always prefer to process the orders which they receive through Alibaba or DHGate because if they don't process on time, they will get bad reviews (really bad for their business).

So my suggestion is to always deal through dhgate or alibaba.

Mr.John90, May 18, 2016 IP
    Marko Vuckovic likes this.
  7. Marko Vuckovic

Marko Vuckovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nicely explained as I could confirm both. I had several orders from DHGate, from verified sellers and all went really fine - no issues at all. AliExpress I used only once, where I chose slowest shipping method, but item arrived as it should, no broken parts or any irregularity. As for the AliBaba, I don't have any experience with them yet s they stand for shopping in bulk, but since they are sister site of AliExpress the words are superfluous..

Marko Vuckovic, May 18, 2016 IP
  8. Mr.John90

Mr.John90 Member

Best Answers:
    AliExpress is mainly designed for those who are buying single or very low quantity items. DHGate has both options, single and bulk. You can find different prices there with the quantity of items you are buying. For those who are buying for reselling, wholesale.alibaba.com is best because they have best pricing for wholesale items. Sellers are very cooperative and some times manage to help you reduce your custom charges by handling order like a gift. ;)

Mr.John90, May 18, 2016 IP
  9. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    Dhgate is a very bad site. I had some experience with them a long time ago, and since then i haven't ordered anything anymore from them. Why are they so bad? Because the prices are higher from the prices you will find on aliexpress, also you must buy a larger quantity ( if you need a single item you will pay much more). The delivery time is just too much. I ordered a few usb bluetooth but i wasn't able to sell them because they arrived in one plastic bag. There was no information on the page that they are not packed or something and because many other sellers had pictures with retail packaging i thought i would get a product ready for resale.

kimanierick, Jun 4, 2016 IP
  10. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    There are so many posts reporting bad experiences and straight out scams by suppliers on DHGate that I am constantly amazed at how many people still buy there. It is your hard earned money you are risking, so why gamble?

Because I teach safe sourcing and importing, I get many questions about B2B sites like DHGate. One that I received showed how one scam works, and I have written the details below, together with my answer to the person who wrote to me.

This is what he wrote:

I have received a parcel from a supplier I found on dhgate and it contains nothing but scrap paper! I had to sign for it before I could open it to check it, so Dhgate say it has been received and they will release payment within 2 days. The rules for disputes are too @#!!X*! complicated and they seem to be changing them when they reply to my complaint because I can’t find the rules they quote on the website. What can I do? This cost me $130.

My reply: I would never recommend DHGate because of the huge number of scams reported, but I am happy to help for your future buying. There are many possible problems with the so-called protection provided by escrow services controlled by the big B2B sites, and you have been caught out by one of them. Because DHGate have told you that because you signed for the parcel, payment will be released to the seller, they will also ask you for proof that the package only contained paper, but any bunny would know that a photo is useless as proof. They will tell you to return the parcel to the supplier, and that can cost you as much as the product, but if you do send it back the supplier will either say they did not receive it, or that it had the goods inside when they sent it. DHGate are only going through the motions until you give up.

If you paid through PayPal, lodge a dispute with them, but do not say that the goods are not as described, otherwise PayPal will reject your dispute. Tell them that this is a fraud and you signed for an empty package. Depending on which country you are in, contact any government fraud watch body and report this fraud, asking them to contact PayPal and DHGate.com on your behalf. This method has worked for others.

In future, ask the courier to wait while you open the package. If he/she is a reasonable person they will allow this and you can then refuse to sign for it if it contains paper or other filling instead of the product. I have known people to receive stones, and in one case a brick.

For the benefit of all who buy through the big B2B sites, I add that you should save a screen shot of the page where you found the product listing, as well as keeping copies of all emails, whether through your own email account or your member’s email on the B2B site. Do this progressively from the beginning of your earliest negotiations to buy, right through to receiving notice of shipment. Save every email even after that point. A number of people report finding all their member emails deleted and that makes it impossible to pursue a dispute claim.

Read the very big list of Buyer Protection rules before you place an order. You will find that there is a limit on the number and file size of documents you can upload when lodging a claim.

Remember that in almost every case you will be required to return the goods in order to have your claim processed. It is common for suppliers to not take delivery of your parcel, and so they can say you did not return it. That will be another loss to add to what you have already paid.

I repeat: Make sure you have read all of the rules, if you can find them. Copy them also as evidence that you have followed the rules.

Importexport, Jun 20, 2016 IP
  11. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    Wholesale.Alibaba is for B2C buyers. It is similar to the Alibaba offshoot Aliexpress. You will be paying the suppliers' retail price even though they call it "wholesale". Ever seen a brisks and mortar shop called "Wholesale XXX" or "Factory Direct YYY" ? They are selling retail too.

Beware of buying from suppliers who offer to state false values on their invoices or describe them as a gift. That is illegal, and from time to time Customs will either confiscate the goods, or, as they are legally entitled to do, estimate what they believe is the real value and they will charge duty on that value. It will always be much higher than you really paid and as a result the duty would be much higher than you would have paid if you were dealing with an honest supplier.

Sometimes, to teach you a lesson, Customs will add a penalty amount as well. Don't declare false values. Your name as an importer will be recorded by Customs and every shipment to you will be delayed for thorough inspection.

If you are buying and importing for business, buy direct from genuine manufacturers, get much better prices, declare genuine values for duty, and make big profits honestly. That's the basis for a good business.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Jun 21, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  12. JH2016

JH2016 Peon

Best Answers:
    BEWARE! Do not trust this company or seller GoShoppingNow OUT OVER $1400 USA DOLLARS
    I have been asking for DHGate's help on resolving this issue since purchase of a machine from seller goshoppingnow for over $1400 going on for over 8 months now.

We contacted DHGate via phone as no one in our clinic could ever get the machine to work, DHGate told us that they already released our money to the seller but said that they would monitor our messages and urge the seller to resolve the issue. The seller took forever to get back to us on simple instructions. Then when they did send us instructions the machine still would not work.

The seller continued to ask us to send videos of us trying to get the machine to turn on because there was NO SUCTION which is necessary to use the machine.and perform the treatment correctly. The guarantee and warranty on this machine clearly stated on the listing that the machine was guaranteed to be free of defects and had a 1 year full warranty.

The seller GoShoppingNow should have replaced the machine or according to the DHGate guarantee they should have given us a full refund. Instead, DHGate allowed the seller GoShoppingNow to drag their feet and never fixed the situation.

Instead of replacing the machine, the seller GoShoppingNow mailed us parts that they said they could see were missing on the machine after watching the numerous video's they requested we send. We had to pay an electrician to replace the parts that were sent to us. No where in the seller GoShoppingNow warranty does it state that the customer has to replace parts at their expense. The machine should have been replaced right away, instead parts continued to be sent and replaced at the customers expense for a brand new machine that has NEVER worked. That is not a warranty. Then after all that the machine still could not be fixed with the sellers replacement parts, and STILL DOES NOT WORK. All the while and hundreds of messages back and forth with both the seller GoShoppingNow and DHGate. The seller asked us to pay shipping fees to ship back the faulty machine. That would now almost bring my out of pocket costs to the price I originally paid for the machine. Under the DHGate guarantee this is not allowed. I can't believe DHGate or seller GOSHoppingNow believes that it is OK to do business this way and send a non-working machine after receiving full payment of over $1400 and then drags it feet when the machine NEVER works and then continues to send parts that are missing or not working to be replaced at the cost of the buyer that is fraudulent.

Then DHGate said that they would escalate my case and urge the seller to replace the machine. The seller GoShoppingNow sent us this: "we make a concession, you do not need ship back the machine , you just pay 358usd and we will pay some of it , then we can ship the new machine to you!" So then we agreed to pay this to the seller so we can get the a new machine. But when we try to pay the seller GoShoppingNow changes it's mind. Refuses to replace the machine, and instead now says will only give us a 40% discount. (By the way, the seller GoShoppingNow removed the 1 year warranty from my original listing. That is FRAUD, if you look at every other listing they have the 1 year warranty there.)

I contacted DHGate and again they said they would escalate my case. To date NOTHING IS BEING DONE. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM GOSHOPPINGNOW, DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY THROUGH DHGATE! IT IS NOT SAFE! THIS COMPANY IS ALLOWING FRAUD TO BE COMMITTED AND IS NOT PROTECTING USA FUNDS. BEWARE!

The way GOSHOPPINGNOW AND the DHGATE company has handled this whole situation does not warrant any trust to do business with either of them!

DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY VIA DHGATE DO NOT TRUST SELLER GOSHOPPINGNOW

DHGATE posts a canned response below. However, here is a screen shot of the real response they gave me, NO INTENTION OF EVER HELPING ME HOWEVER THEY ARE THE ONES WHO KEPT URGING ME TO WORK IT OUT WITH THE SELLER FOR OVER 8 MONTHS NOW:

This is Amy, the manager of Customer Service and I'm glad to receive your message.
    I did the complete research for your case 1581380453,but I have to inform you that your case can't be handled anymore according to DHgate Dipsute Policy.
    I totally understand your feelings as a customer and I wish there were more I could do for you but there isn't because we've already done everything in our power.
    I'd really appreciate your understanding and I'd be more than happy to help you with any other concerns.

Kind regards,
    Amy
    DHgate Customer Service Center

JH2016, Jul 6, 2016 IP
  13. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    Hi JH2016, I am sorry to read of your experience, and it is a great pity that more people don't report their bad experiences. You have lost your money not only by buying from a business that you have not done due diligence on but because you trusted DHGate. You will find buyer protection schemes on all of the popular sites, but in reality, relying on those is of very little value. They are full of loopholes and your supplier successfully used two of those:
    • They got a signature from you showing that you had received the goods.
    • They delayed until the time for any chance of a refund had passed.
    All buyers relying on any kind of buyer protection scheme should keep screenshots of the original listing to which they replied, all emails to and from suppliers, all invoices or quotes provided, all emails to the B2B site. And they should not place an order unless the buyer protection scheme has a clause requiring the B2B site to withhold the money until you say the goods are received and are satisfactory. You will find that is a very rare clause.

The B2B sites make a huge income from listing advertisements for their vendors, and they make nothing from the individual buyer like you. Whose interests do you think they will look after? There are safe sites where verification is real and if a supplier is listed as a manufacturer, that is really true.

Unfortunately, because a few people have been lucky in buying through the popular B2B sites like DHGate and they post recommendations for newbies to use those sites, gullible people follow like sheep and get scammed.

I have been teaching safe sourcing with my book provenchinasourcing.com since I retired from my importing business, and I have lost count of the number of people who have told me about being scammed by sellers on Alibaba, DHGate, Aliexpress, and other sites. Sadly few people seem to take the warnings seriously. Often they come to me after they have lost their money.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Jul 7, 2016 IP
  14. Winner2mill

Winner2mill Peon

Best Answers:
    Where do one find these manufacturers

Winner2mill, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  15. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    There are some sites that do proper verification of the suppliers who advertise on their sites. That's where you find them. In my original post here:
    Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing
    I stated that I will answer any questions except one. That is: "What are the safe B2B sites you recommend," and I gave reasons. I suggest you have a look at that thread and if you have any questions ask there.

Alibaba have now made it even more difficult to work out who are genuine manufacturers among the thousands of traders on their site that are falsely claiming to be manufacturers. If you want the best prices you have to buy direct from real manufacturers, not from traders who buy from those manufacturers then add a big margin before selling the products to you. You can bank that extra margin, even on smaller orders.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Sep 7, 2016 IP