1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

We Need A "Scam Alert" Forum. Here's a new one regarding Google News sites

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Greg B, Dec 20, 2015.

Anyone who's been in internet marketing for any length of time can attest to the fact that the first thing that one has to deal with constantly are lies, scams, and underhanded business practices. It mirrors what is going on globally. You can't tie two shoe strings together without connecting to some criminal.

Here's a neat scam that involves people building those popular Google New Sites.
    I've had to work security for decades. Hauling in the bad guys burns up time and money. Right now a popular way to make money is to have a successful Google News site. You pick a niche and have a small group of writers contribute to it. A good design or template, fresh, updated writing, some pics and graphics and if you're sharp, you'll end up in Google's massive news feed. The traffic is enormous and just a few weeks of a hot story and you can put away quite a nice nest egg.

This bounty, however, attracts the scum of the Earth who pull a sweet trick. They solicit for writers, get them to submit some content that goes under a generic name and hope that Google will approve the site, then, once the site gets approved, they fire the writers and hire a bunch of hacks who have no clue. There are many variations to this theme but you get the picture. There are several things that you can do to protect yourself if you're building a Google News Site. First of all, don't be an ass or cheapskate and hire from writing content broker. You're just asking for trouble down the line.

Avoid the "I've got a friend who can write" scenario as well. Hand pick your writers and test them. Get American or UK writers who can verify whom they are with the proper IDs and credentials. Trust no one. Pay good money and your chances of getting accepted by Google shoot up fast. Once you're accepted, you're going to make big money and fast and consistently. You'll get famous too for quality and reliability.

Hiring hacks is like cutting one's own throat. Yes there are tons of WSOs out there saying you can make a fortune putting up slick and quick Google News Sites, but as fast as you put them up, Google will knock them down and you'll end up with such a bad reputation that you won't be able to launch a lemonade stand much less a website.

I could go on and on regarding scams in the content field, but here's a freebie. I'm thinking of putting out an entire course exposing the scams I've run into over the years for free. The Internet Marketing field is long overdue for a cleaning up and it's not going to clean up if we sit around on our butts.

Finally, working cybersecurity on a global basis means a hub of some sort where honest marketers can go to get started, build up their businesses, and flourish and prosper. We need to all chip in. The database of lawyers and law enforcement I've got should be put to good use in this regard. When a scumbag raises his head, we should have it knocked off before he can do any harm. Any of you have any suggestions to add?

Greg B, Dec 20, 2015 IP
    Pamela Turns likes this.