1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Funny jokes/ quotes/ pictures

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by evaadams, Apr 9, 2011.

Funny jokes/ quotes/ pictures

Smartest Man in the World
    A doctor, a lawyer, a little boy and a priest were out for a Sunday afternoon flight on a small private plane. Suddenly, the plane developed engine trouble.

In spite of the best efforts of the pilot, the plane started to go down. Finally, the pilot grabbed a parachute, yelled to the passengers that they had better jump, and bailed out.

Unfortunately, there were only three parachutes remaining.

The doctor grabbed one and said "I'm a doctor, I save lives, so I must live," and jumped out.

The lawyer then said, "I'm a lawyer and lawyers are the smartest people in the world. I deserve to live."

He also grabbed a parachute and jumped.

The priest looked at the little boy and said, "My son, I've lived a long and full life. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Take the last parachute and live in peace."

The little boy handed the parachute back to the priest and said, "Not to worry, Father. The 'smartest man in the world' just took off with my back pack."

evaadams, Apr 9, 2011 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  2. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ha ha ha ha... Nice joke...

I would like to share a joke...

A drunk gets up from the bar and heads for the restroom. A few minutes later, a loud, bloodcurdling scream is heard. A few minutes after that, another loud scream reverberates through the bar. The bartender goes to investigate why the drunk is screaming. "What's all the screaming about in there? You're scaring my customers!
    "I'm just sitting here on the toilet and every time I try to flush, something comes up and squeezes my nuts."
    With that, the bartender opens the door, looks in and says, "You idiot! You're sitting on the mop bucket!"

kittyluver, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  3. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?" The dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I'm the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me capitalism. Your mother, she's the administrator of the money, so we'll call her the government. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the people. The nanny, we'll consider her the working class. And your baby brother, we'll call him the future. Now, think about that and see if that makes sense." The little boy goes off to bed thinking about what dad had said. Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has soiled his diaper. The little boy goes to his parents' room and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed. The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now." The father says, "Good son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about." The little boy replies, "Well, while capitalism is screwing the working class, the government is sound asleep, the people are being ignored and the future is in deep shit."

mohsin qureshi, Dec 9, 2015 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  4. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quotes:

Socrates, the father of all philosophers and the founder of Philosophy. I would like to share some of his thoughts who can really motivated you:

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
    By all means marry: if you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.
    I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.
    To find yourself, think for yourself.

Priki, Dec 11, 2015 IP
  5. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    here is one great joke i found on comedy central's page:
    A judge asks a defendant to please stand. "You are charged with murdering a garbage man with a chain saw."
    From the back of the courtroom a man shouts, "You lying bastard!"
    "Silence in the court!" The judge turns to the defendant again and says, "You are also charged with killing a paperboy with a shovel."
    "You tightwad!" blurts the spectator.
    "Quiet!" yelled the judge. "You are also charged with killing a mailman with an electric drill."
    "You cheap son of a... " the spectator starts to shout.
    The judge thunders back, " I will hold you in contempt! What is the reason for your outbursts?"
    "I've lived next to that lying bastard for 10 years now, but do you think he ever had a tool when I needed to borrow one?"

bojan92, Dec 11, 2015 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  6. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quotes:

True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.
    The end of life is to be like God, and the soul following God will be like Him.
    The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear.
    Beware the barrenness of a busy life.
    Death may be the greatest of all human blessings.

Priki, Dec 12, 2015 IP
  7. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    i love dark humor so i will share a joke with you all:
    A tourist is picked up by a cabbie in New York on a dark night. The passenger taps the driver on the shoulder to ask him something.
    The driver screams, loses control of the car, nearly hits a bus, drives up on the sidewalk and stops inches from a shop window.
    The driver said, "Look friend, don't ever do that again. You scared the daylights out of me!"
    The passenger apologized and says he didn't realize that a "little tap" could scare him so much.
    The driver replied, "Sorry, it's not really your fault. Today is my first day as a cab driver; I've been driving hearses for the last 25 years."

bojan92, Dec 13, 2015 IP
  8. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quotes:

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
    The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

Albert Einstein

Priki, Dec 16, 2015 IP
  9. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    A teacher is teaching a class and she sees that Johnny isn't paying attention, so she asks him, "If there are three ducks sitting on a fence, and you shoot one, how many are left?" Johnny says, "None." The teacher asks, "Why?" Johnny says, "Because the shot scared them all off." The teacher says, "No, two, but I like how you're thinking." Johnny asks the teacher, "If you see three women walking out of an ice cream parlor, one is licking her ice cream, one is sucking her ice cream, and one is biting her ice cream, which one is married?" The teacher says, "The one sucking her ice cream." Johnny says, "No, the one with the wedding ring, but I like how you're thinking!"

bojan92, Dec 18, 2015 IP
    Priki likes this.
  10. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quotes:

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
    Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.

Albert Einstein

Priki, Dec 19, 2015 IP
  11. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    A man escapes from prison where he has been for 15 years. He breaks into a house to look for money and guns, and finds a young couple in bed. He orders the guy out of bed and ties him to a chair. He ties the girl to the bed and he gets on top of her, kisses her neck, and then gets up and goes into the bathroom. While he's in there, the husband tells his wife, "Listen, this guy is an escaped convict, look at his clothes! He probably spent lots of time in jail and hasn't seen a woman in years. I saw how he kissed your neck. If he wants sex, don't resist, don't complain, do whatever he tells you. Satisfy him no matter how much he nauseates you. This guy is probably very dangerous. If he gets angry, he'll kill us. Be strong, honey. I love you." His wife responds, "He wasn't kissing my neck. He was whispering in my ear. He told me he was gay, thought you were cute, and asked me if we had any Vaseline. I told him it was in the bathroom. Be strong honey. I love you, too!"

bojan92, Dec 19, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  12. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    here is another from me. Do you guys like my jokes?
    A man wakes up in the hospital, bandaged from head to foot. The doctor comes in and says, “Ah, I see you've regained consciousness. Now, you probably won't remember, but you were in a pile up on the freeway. You're going to be okay, you'll walk again and everything, but something happened. I'm trying to break this gently, but the fact is, your willy was chopped off in the wreck, and we were unable to find it.” The man groans, but the doctor goes on, “You've got $9000 in insurance compensation coming to you, and we have the technology now to build you a new willy that will work as well as your old one did, better in fact! But the thing is, it doesn't come cheap. It's $1000 an inch.” The man perks up at this. “So,” the doctor says, “it's for you to decide how many inches you want, but it's something you'd better discuss with your wife. I mean, if you had a five inch one before, and you decide to go for a nine incher, she might be a bit put out. But if you had a nine inch one before, and you decide only to invest in a five incher this time, she might be disappointed. So it's important that she plays a role in helping you make the decision.” The man agrees to talk with his wife. The doctor comes back the next day. “So,” says the doctor, “have you spoken with your wife?” “I have,” says the man. “And has she helped you in making the decision?” asked the doctor. “She has,” says the man. “And what is it?” asks the doctor. “We're getting a new kitchen.”

bojan92, Dec 20, 2015 IP
    matt_62, sarahk and Priki like this.
  13. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quotes:

It is paradoxical, yet true, to say, that the more we know, the more ignorant we become in the absolute sense, for it is only through enlightenment that we become conscious of our limitations. Precisely one of the most gratifying results of intellectual evolution is the continuous opening up of new and greater prospects.

The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.

I do not think you can name many great inventions that have been made by married men. :D

Nikola Tesla

Priki, Dec 21, 2015 IP
    bojan92 likes this.
  14. Gyan027

Gyan027 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    so true...
    IMG_86497084858531.jpeg

Gyan027, Dec 21, 2015 IP
  15. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    A newlywed couple moves into their new house. One day the husband comes home from work and his wife says, "Honey, you know, in the upstairs bathroom one of the pipes is leaking, could you fix it?" The husband says, "What do I look like, Mr. Plumber?" A few days go by, and he comes home from work and his wife says, "Honey, the car won't start. I think it needs a new battery. Could you change it for me?" He says: "What do I look like, Mr. Goodwrench?" Another few days go by, and it's raining pretty hard. The wife finds a leak in the roof. She says, "Honey, there's a leak on the roof! Can you please fix it?" He says, "What do I look like, Bob Vila?" The next day the husband comes home, and the roof is fixed. So is the plumbing. So is the car. He asks his wife what happened. "Oh, I had a handyman come in and fix them," she says. "Great! How much is that going to cost me?" he snarls. Wife says: "Nothing. He said he'd do it for free if I either baked him a cake or slept with him." "Uh, well, what kind of cake did you make?" asks the husband. "What do I look like," she says, "Betty Crocker?"

bojan92, Dec 21, 2015 IP
    Priki likes this.
  16. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quotes:

Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.

Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality.

Nikola Tesla

Priki, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  17. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    A man arrives at a physician, the doctor asks for the problem, the man says that he has a severe back-ache, the doctor asks for the reason that caused the backache, the man explains "this morning, when i got back home from my night shift at work, i saw my wife naked in bad asleep, and there wereevidence of a man's presence, so i immediately began searching for the bastard, when i looked out of window, i saw a naked man down in the alley wearing cloth, i lifted the nearest object which was the refrigerator and dropped it out in the alley and it landed on man in the alley. the reason was the lifting". the doctor were shocked and then wrote some drugs in the prescription and the first man leaves. the second man arrives at the physician. doctor asks for the problem and gets "severe back-ache" again, when asks for reason behind it, hears "this morning i woke up late and were very late for work, so i decided to wear my cloth on the way, so i ran to the alley naked and began to wear my cloth there when suddenly a heavy object was dropped on me, i guess the reason was being hit by that object."; the doctor was shocked even more, and then wrote some drugs for him. the third man enters and complains about same problem "severe back-ache", the doctor which was shocked to the very existence, sarcastically told the man "did u lift a refrigerator or got hit by a refrigerator?", the man replied "No, i was inside the refrigerator"

bojan92, Dec 22, 2015 IP
    Priki likes this.
  18. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quotes:

The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter - for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way.

Nikola Tesla

Priki, Dec 23, 2015 IP
    bojan92 likes this.
  19. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    Bob was in a terrible motorcycle accident and his legs weren’t in great shape, to say the least. After a couple of weeks of therapy, it soon became clear to the Doctor that they were just pushing off the inevitable. Due however, to Bob’s frail condition, the Doctor was afraid to give him the bad news. Instead, he gave the sorry job to Bob’s wife of 40 years, hoping that she would know how to break the bad news to him ever so slowly and gently. “Honey”, said Bob’s wife Eva the next morning, “I’ve got good news and bad news, which one would you like to hear first?” Bob, always in a morbid state, responded in his usual grumpy voice, “what do I care? Just give me the bad news!” “Well dear,” said Eva cupping Bob’s hand with her two hands, “I hate to have to tell you this, but it seems like your legs are going to have to be taken off.” Bob, barely able to hold his voice from cracking croaked out, “Eva, what’s the good news?” “The good news” said Eva happily, “is that that the gardener that was in here just before, said he may be interested in buying your slippers from you!”

bojan92, Dec 23, 2015 IP
    Priki likes this.
  20. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quotes:

With ideas it is like with dizzy heights you climb: At first they cause you discomfort and you are anxious to get down, distrustful of your own powers; but soon the remoteness of the turmoil of life and the inspiring influence of the altitude calm your blood; your step gets firm and sure and you begin to look - for dizzier heights.

Nikola Tesla

Priki, Dec 24, 2015 IP