1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First website about Digital marketing

Discussion in 'SEO' started by digitalmkt300, Dec 13, 2015.

Hello all,

I am a college student in a class where we are trying to rank our website against a few keywords and try and get first place. Right now i'm first for one but on the second page for the second keyword. This was not a professional site, just for a school project but any feedback would be great! I get some good views i think, and i get come likes and such on social media about the content on the site but my bounce rate is really high. My theme is free and i think that may be a reason why people see one story and bounce.

http://bestdigitalmarketingprogramsblog.com/

That is the link to my student project site! Any tips/info i could get for future projects would be great!

digitalmkt300, Dec 13, 2015 IP
  2. victoryksk

victoryksk Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, i think you should use smaller domain. You can add more content and change your theme. Do it more attractive ;)

victoryksk, Dec 15, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The domain is fine in my opinion - especially as this is a school/uni project and not a real world business.

The theme is fine, could be better but I doubt it's the problem. I'd recommend using the exert option in WP rather than having complete articles showing on the home page.

The image for the first post has alt='download'. You can get a bit more traction by having sensible alt and title tags. Don't spam but do use some sort of keyword.
    upload_2015-12-16_15-22-8.png

Not SEO related but...
    At the bottom the page you have some menus to give internal links - they're supposed to be 3 short lists not one really long list. Have a play in the admin section to see how you can tidy them up.

sarahk, Dec 15, 2015 IP
  4. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    How long have you been working on your site?
    The thing is that, your blog is the type of blog that only gives information.
    So expect that people will just come and go. Unless, your site is something like an ecommerce site; wherein, site visitors are expected to make a conversion before leaving the site. That's the difference, it'll also differs on what you offer.

Patricia Ann Lee, Dec 15, 2015 IP
  5. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Website is less attractive. Also you haven't done anything to keep the user more time on the site. You need to try your best to keep users on the site and bring them again and again.

LinkGenie, Feb 10, 2016 IP