1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Entrepreneur Box - Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'General Business' started by JohnApuna, Dec 12, 2015.

Hi,

You know the subscription box websites that are popping up all over the internet? Birchbox dot com for beauty and surprisemypet dot com for pets? These businesses basically send customers a monthly box that contains a variety of items related to that specific niche. The customers will pay a monthly fee (usually $10-$50) to get the box delivered to their door.

What if there was a site that delivered a monthly box for online entrepreneurs? Would that be something that people would be interested in? I dont know of any sites right now, and I was thinking what items I would be interested in receiving. Im thinking the box would be a virtual box, instead of one sent to your door. This would reduce the cost for a customer...so instead of paying $20/month, it would be like $5. Here are items I was thinking for the virtual entrepreneur box:

1. Deals for Products/Services for entrepreneurs. Kind of like groupon for entrepeneurs. For example, have a web designer offer their services for 50-75% off for the customers. This would be good for the web designer to bring in more clients, and great for the entrepreneurs as they wouldnt be able to find this great of a deal anywhere else.

2. Interviews with successful online entrepreneurs. These interviews would be exclusive to those that subscribed to the entrepreneurs box. Questions would be asked that would benefit newbie entrepreneurs.

3. A new detailed startup idea. This wouldnt just be a one or two sentence explanation of a new idea, but a thorough explanation, with examples and how an aspiring entrepreneur could get started on that idea.

4. An inside look at stats/strategy/results of the entrepreneurs running the Entrepreneur box service. Similar to what Pat Flynn does on his website. Information on marketing strategy, user subscription stats, financial data and profitability.

5. Other one off items can include ebooks/business templates (profit/loss statements)/Marketing ideas/networking opportunities from other subscribers and with the owner of the Entrepreneur box service.

Is this something you would pay $5/month to get?

Im trying to see if this would have any interest.

JohnApuna, Dec 12, 2015 IP
  2. Lateef Olajide

Lateef Olajide Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think I've seen couple of membership based project around almost 5 listed ideas. It may take little effort to get you the links. Good ideas though. If you are considering starting something along that line I think best way to validate is to start one. You can start one and offer free trial. It's end of the year. There are various 'giveaway' partnership out there. That can get you couple of hundred users to try your idea.

Lateef Olajide, Dec 12, 2015 IP
  3. JohnApuna

JohnApuna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the ideas. Can you tell me the URL of the membership sites you are referring to?

JohnApuna, Dec 12, 2015 IP
  4. Lateef Olajide

Lateef Olajide Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    John, you are welcome. I will have to dig a little for that. I can quickly place hand on any now.

Lateef Olajide, Dec 13, 2015 IP
  5. Durell

Durell Peon

Best Answers:
    While non-physical goods do reduced the cost, I have a feeling physical goods will have a better impact on entrepreneurs new to the game. Physical goods will give them a more personal experience since they can physically interact with it.

Durell, Dec 13, 2015 IP
  6. ArimaG

ArimaG Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This sounds like a membership site type model. Membership sites work well in the internet marketing niche. giving away a few free ebooks a month in the internet marketing niche would be a great start. You can also increase your sites value by allowing client's to access video tutorials (ie: how to make money on facebook), webinars, ect.

ArimaG, Dec 14, 2015 IP