1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Employees: What kind of education is required for a job at Google?

Discussion in 'Google' started by peppy, Mar 18, 2010.

1. hilhilginger

hilhilginger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I want to study MBBS in china .can you get me more detail in my PM. I wonder that won't b a costly one and degree may be valid internationally.Plese let me know @ china _girl

hilhilginger, Dec 11, 2015 IP
  2. Mike Park

Mike Park Member

Best Answers:
    My former co-worker always talked about how he wanted to work at Google. But he never took any action. Never took any programming/coding classes. He just talked about "one day.."
    Please don't end up like him.

Why not reach out to a current Google Employee? If you sat down for 2 hours and searched on Facebook in the facebook search bar "People who work at Google", you'll get a list of google employees. Send them friend requests and message them. Ask them for advice on how to get a job and ask to see their resume in exchange for $50. create a win-win situation! or if they live in your area, offer to take out to lunch (you pay for meal ofcourse lol) to ask all the questions you want.

That's what I would do :D

Mike Park, Dec 18, 2015 IP
  3. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is not care about degrees, as Chairman of Google said earlier in New York, he said "When you look at people who don’t go to school and make their way in the world, those are exceptional human beings. And we should do everything we can to find those people”. He also said that "“If you take somebody who has high cognitive ability, is innately curious, willing to learn and has emergent leadership skills, and you hire them as an HR person or finance person, and they have no content knowledge, and you compare them with someone who’s been doing just one thing and is a world expert, the expert will go: ‘I’ve seen this 100 times before; here’s what you do.
    His basic point is " Demonstrate a skill, not an expertise".
    A college degree can’t tell Google whether an applicant is naturally smart or is a hard worker. Apparently, Google would rather mold someone with grit rather than someone who is a lazy high-achiever.
    If you go to college, focus on skills
    “My belief is not that one shouldn’t go to college … most don’t put enough thought into why they’re going and what they want to get out of it,” Block said.
    Both Bock and Schmidt are adamant that most people should go to college but that skills and experience are more important than the stamp of expertise. Bock says Google is looking for the kinds of projects candidates completed or what they accomplished at an internship.
    I honestly can’t remember the last time someone asked me what my major in college was. If you want a job at Google (or some other prestigious company), don’t focus so much on your major, and make sure you graduate with all the skills and experiences you need to do awesome things in the world.
    (Source :venturebeat.com)

mohsin qureshi, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  4. drues1986

drues1986 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i don't think there is special eduction required to apply google job i think you drop your CV at google if you have gud luck then google will hire you :D

drues1986, Dec 24, 2015 IP