1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think about Indonesia

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Health_Media, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Nadine_Speranza

Nadine_Speranza Member

Best Answers:
    I think i'm going to Bali for new year eve party

Nadine_Speranza, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  2. trigonal

trigonal Peon

Best Answers:
    Love it and live there! Damn I love Indonesia! :D

trigonal, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  3. W1ck3dS1ck

W1ck3dS1ck Member

Best Answers:
    An interesting and very diverse country, with rich history and lots of stuff to see :)

W1ck3dS1ck, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  4. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Would like to visit it.

VideoWhisper.com, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  5. coakleylincoln

coakleylincoln Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have never been gone there. But I'd see it, if i get any context:)

coakleylincoln, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  6. Ryan Wilson

Ryan Wilson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nothing I`ll never been in Indonesia.....

Ryan Wilson, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  7. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indonesia is a Muslim country. I've heard that if a Muslim is converted to Christian, the police will come and arrest you, foreclose your house and freeze your bank account. I also saw many natural disasters in Indonesia although there are some people doing business there.

Zirkon Kalti, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  8. datapoin.com

datapoin.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I love Indonesia, it is my lovely country :)

datapoin.com, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  9. dipal76

dipal76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have never seen Indonesia but heard from friends that it is good country in the world.

dipal76, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  10. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The farmers in Indonesia are clearing away the forests by setting them on fire again. There are so much haze over here in Malaysia because the wind blew the smoke to here. Breathing this smoke could cause stomachache and constriction in the airway and lungs. I hope they clear away the agricultural fire soon.

Zirkon Kalti, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  11. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have never went to indonesia..... but i have heard many things about indonesia.... the first thing is that the indonesian people are very helpful and polite they are very good guiders... they help the people that come from other countries to visit indonesia.... its my desire that i should go to indonesia ..... 1 thing i wanted to know is that if any person from indonesia can tell me that what is the best place in indonesia for married couples? and where they should who have newly got married? and what is the best place for outing in indonesia.. though I can google but the person living in indonesia can tell me the exact figures and facts... that's why anyone from there like to answer i am interested to know..... thanks

mentat47, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  12. traffbizz

traffbizz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like it! Java island with sunrise on the Bromo, Jogjakarta with Maliboro st, Bali with thousands fantastic temples, Kuta, serfing on th sunset, Kopi Luwak with amazing cat )))....awesome! Recommend add "must to see"

traffbizz, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  13. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never been there, although its my brother Islamic country. I just wish Good Luck for Indonesia.

mohsin qureshi, Dec 8, 2015 IP
  14. agung fajriadi

agung fajriadi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indonesia is My homeland. This is more than just a beautiful country. a lot of memories and love for Indonesia

agung fajriadi, Dec 8, 2015 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I was there earlier this year and also in '94 - the driving is insane, the death toll must be horrific.

There were two main things that astounded me:
    1. Lack of town planning
      There didn't seem to be any planning around infrastructure.
      In Surabaya we were on a lovely motorway, drove past one airport terminal and then were plunged back into a village and "back roads" to get to the terminal we wanted.
      Bali desperately needs an inland "ring road" to help traffic move efficiently around the island but instead it's a zig zag through little towns that must be unpleasant to live in with the constant stream of traffic
    2. Litter.
      OMG, do the locals not realise what a beautiful country they live in? If the tourist dollars matter then that alone should drive a greater concern for the environment. Given that labour is so cheap why the hell aren't the local towns employing people to educate the locals, to provide better refuse systems and to clean up the litter that already exists?
      • In Bali the beaches were filthy. We went for a run one morning and there were people raking the sand but unless the rubbish came loose from the sand it wasn't picked up. I saw one guy raking over a large crisps packet but leaving it in place. He didn't seem to have a real understanding of what he was doing - but how hard is to understand?
      • In Lombok we'd drive past luxury resorts which, no doubt, were pristine but on the roadside outside there would be rubbish building up against the perimeter wall. Do they really think we don't notice that?
      • On Mt Bromo there was a woman selling refreshments in her tent. She took a pile of rubbish and scattered it into one of the natural channels in the sand and used a rake to cover it over. Her income relies 100% on selling to tourists who visit because the volcano is amazing - but they'll stop coming if they realise it's just another rubbish tip for the locals.
    Oh, and I almost forgot. The beachy place we stayed at in Bali was awesome and we were considering having an en-masse family holiday there (we normally go to Rarotonga for them). We quite liked that it was a few roads back and much quieter. However on the day we left, I was waiting for our car to arrive and my husband realised he didn't have his phone (a hideous iphone 4, hardly valuable) and raced back in. The guy cleaning the place had moved it from where my husband knows he left it and put it under some cushions where he hadn't been sitting. He knew the game but it really disappointed us and consequently we wouldn't feel safe returning, or recommending the place to anyone.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    sarahk, Dec 8, 2015 IP